• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Any idea where this came from?

Jillbeans

Referring to the "artwork" in the top left corner:
I'm thinking it's built from some type of dingbat sports figures font.
It's for a client who is a friend of another client, for a very tiny sign.
They sent me an .eps that shows up in Corel but it not traceable.
Of course, I am expected to merrily be able to use it till the day I die.
Logo was sent in an eps file so you should be good with that.
I will probably just trace this .jpg but if I could find something cleaner that would be great.
Thanks for looking.
Also, does anyone have a concise way of explaining what a vector file is so that a client understands what I need?
Love....Jill

Attachments

• tri.jpg
    tri.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 216

Jillbeans

Thanks Shovel.
I saved that and will use it.
I did try tracing the damn thing but it's a mess.
I'd send it to the Vector Doctor but I think it is just some font that a "designer" snagged the ugly little sports people out of.
Love....Jill

D

DARLAK

Also, does anyone have a concise way of explaining what a vector file is so that a client understands what I need?
Love....Jill

the most satisfying, concise way i have found, especially if they stated in writing
Logo was sent in an eps file so you should be good with that."
is to produce the sign with that logo and state, i'm not real happy with the artwork you used for this, but this is the good file you sent me.....

if you don't do anymore work for them, then you don't have to deal with that crap, if you do, you better believe they will work harder....

my favorite is when someone goes on the web and copies and paste web art and saves it as an .eps....

Jillbeans

Yup, that was exactly their next move:
Also, our website has the logo if you can paste from that. Let me know if that helps or not.
I'm just gonna charge them to rebuild it.
Thanks for the font link, I think that is what I need. I do have the Corel 9 clipart book, so I'm gonna check that out as well.
Love.....Jill

signmeup

Yup, that was exactly their next move:

I'm just gonna charge them to rebuild it.
Thanks for the font link, I think that is what I need. I do have the Corel 9 clipart book, so I'm gonna check that out as well.
Love.....Jill
Jill,

You're right it is a font. I had the exact one but I can't find it now. Sorry. I think I lost it in the great crash of '08.
The one on dafont looks pretty close. I think a bit of node editing will bring it around. I didn't see it on Corel 12's font disc.

Adrian