• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Any ideas on a printable Post-It material?

klmiller611

Hi All

This is the second time this question has come to me in the past couple years. We have a client who wants to print a stick on for an easel sign to be easily removed without damage to the base by the average person. Naturally, everyone thinks of Post-It type notes, which I know you can get a large size version of them. However, I've not been willing to spend the money to order a batch to see if it can be printed on a belt fed flatbed. I am not sure how many signs they are talking about, but probably no more than 20-30 different.

I considered and suggested we print on heavy paper, and apply Post-It tape to the top of the back, which I think is the easiest way out, but that does not seem to be the answer they are looking for.

Anyone else run into this question?

Thanks
Ken

knucklehead

Another vote for Phototex, but, Post-It makes some photo papers, matte and gloss, maybe would work, if they just have to have post-it brand. The adhesive capabilities won't be any where near as long as phototex.

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
Where will the average person put the post-it material when they aren't using it, or even photo-tex?

In my experience the adhesive will get dirty and won't stick in a short amount of time. In the long run they won't be happy even if you do find something. Steer them towards a simpler, foolproof system like a clip and attached to the top of the easel and give them prints on poly paper... The clip could be permanent, magnetic or attached to a "U" channel that slides over the top of the easel.

J Hill Designs

There are some good low tack solutions out there.... a new one I just tested out and was really impressed with: http://www.drytac.ca/videos/cat/PL1Xksf_a3TvvrV4HGpXKteDPrYVQ2INAa/

You can just about throw the print at a window and it sticks to it...but there is no adhesive. It's mind boggling. (and no, it's not static cling)

I just checked out another one yesterday where the adhesive is only on little balls behind the media but I can't for the life of me remember what it was called or who made it.

glass adhere? http://www.glassadhere.com/

Jackpine

Glass adhere

Glass adhere prints and cut great.....I've printed and cut it with excellent results. It is a micro suction pvc that adheres to glass, Formica or ant other smooth surface. It could be removed and reused if needed.
Contact WalterJr at Phototex for more information. He sent me a sample roll.

Last edited:

bigben

Be careful with the glassadhere. I had a sample on my window for about 90 day and when I removed it, it had leave all the ''glue'' on the window. I've already contact walter about the subject and he said they will have a new version within the next 30 days. Can't wait to try the new version.

Attachments

• vitre1 copy.jpg
    vitre1 copy.jpg
    238.5 KB · Views: 97
  • vitre2 copy.jpg
    vitre2 copy.jpg
    243.1 KB · Views: 96

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
GMI/MOJAVE Brand Sign Ad is what we use for our graphics in our lobby. Cleanly removable up to a year and beyond in my experience. It's great for glass and dry wall.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Phototex would be too expensive for that application Im sure of it, the guys at presto tape have a paper based material with a similar adhesive that would be a great solution.

bigben

Phototex would be too expensive for that application Im sure of it, the guys at presto tape have a paper based material with a similar adhesive that would be a great solution.

I've bought one roll of each thickness of their products and I was not very impressed with it. On all the prints I've made, the surface had a sticky surface when I've removed the material. I don't remember the company who made the paper, put the quality was not perfect. I even find flys between the material and the liner on several occasion. But their prices are good tho...