• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Any ideas on how to promote my P&S business?

cphillips913

Hi,
My printing and signage business has been seeing a slump in sales lately. We've been trying to get ourselves out there by using facebook, but it isnt working fast enough. Perhaps our target audience is off but i don't know. Can anyone let me know how to successfully put my company out there without sucking up a huge advertising budget?

I've put 0 dollars in advertising, and I'm paying my bills and my salary / insurance etc happily. Currently a 1 man shop looking to hire shortly if we keep getting more work ( I have 4 wraps lined up right now).

I've only used email marketing getting emails for small businesses off of facebook and knocking doors at places with poor/dated signage.

I also offer incentives for folks leaving a review on my google places/yelp.

AceSignsOnline

One thing that we do a lot of is print a "business card" decal onto a non-permanent vinyl (I like to use the last couple yards of IJ180) and put them on the doors/windows in vacant spaces at shopping centers and such. Seems like there's always someone moving into a new location and saying, "hey we saw your sticker". In an effort not to anger anyone, I make sure not to use something that's too hard to remove. This tactic probably isn't legal, but I'm not too sure that I care so I haven't looked into it. Just saying that if that would bother you, you might look into your local laws regarding such solicitations.

Also, if you aren't at the top of your local search results on Google and the other "big" search engines, you should get on that ASAP because it isn't that hard and it doesn't cost a dime.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
If you don't have a huge advertising budget to suck up..... do you have a small budget to get sucked up ??

It's easier said than done.

How long have you been in business ??
What is/are your main money making types of signs/printing ??
How many employees do you have or how many mouths to feed depend on your business ??
Other than facebook, what/how are you bringing in customers now ??