• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Any Ideas What Next

tjsigns

I started to get intermittant banding on my prints as though i had ink starvation (JV3 160 SP), after doing a CMYK test print i found that the Cyan seemed to be starving. The print would start off ok then fade after a few passes, then would go good repeating this cycle. I had the tech out and he checked over a few things before discovering the pump for the Cyan and Yellow was leaking ink,he said this was the cause. I replaced both pumps and it still the same. Ive recently swapped over to a third party ink. This is the company who supplied me the inks http://www.imagingsuppliesplus.com/JV3-160SP-pl-5985.aspx . I am not sure what to do as ive gone through all the cleaning procedures and my test print is 100% on all heads. Ive changed the data cables on the cyan head, replaced the capping station,Ive pulled the dampers and flushed all the heads. Ive even used a different laptop with a different version of flexisign and a new firewire cable. Wondering if its worth replacing the dampers.
Any ideas would be great as i have 3 vehicle wraps to do and ive now spent 4 days trying to solve this.

Thanks Guys

George

rjssigns

Oof, sounds like the only thing you didn't replace was the dampers. You could try that next, but I would try swapping to a different cart. Way back when I tried third party inks I had to have full carts replaced because they wouldn't flow ink.

tjsigns

forgot to mention, when i bought the machine i fitted 3 heads i salvaged from another machine i have for spares. the head rankings were all put into machine apart from the Cyan which didnt have any numbers, just a weird symbol. Would this cause the head to run bad.

particleman

Yes change the dampers, the next thing is the replace the oring on the head manifold or replace the manifold also. This is another point of air leaks.