• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Any ideas why the curvy test print?

tcorn1965

I have a Mimaki JV3-160. I am getting a lot of over spray on the cyan.
I have done a head wash with the cleaning carts because the Cyan was not printing. It prints now with over spray. I test a test print and the cyan looks curvy up and down, instead of straight like the others. like the head might be defective???
Anyone know what would cause this?

Thanks in Advance,
Terry IMAG0031.jpg

Letterbox Mike

Do your prints look curvy like that too? If so, clean the encoder strip to see if that helps. Honestly I don't know if the encoder strip is functional when printing test patterns but I would assume so. That looks like the symptom of a dirty one though.

tcorn1965

Do your prints look curvy like that too? If so, clean the encoder strip to see if that helps. Honestly I don't know if the encoder strip is functional when printing test patterns but I would assume so. That looks like the symptom of a dirty one though.

Prints look OK, except for the over spray on Cyan. Thanks for the quick reply-walking over to clean the encoder strip now. Thanks!

Letterbox Mike

Like I said I may be totally wrong, it's the only thing I can think of, aside from maybe just buckling media causing nozzle deflection...

tcorn1965

Cleaned encoder, still the same. I could be wrong but the media does not appear to be buckling.

Thanks,
Terry

scallahan

If you have a spare you might change the printer head cable, or you could swap it with one of the other cables and see if the problem clears up or moves.

DrunknMonk

I had some weird print problems, tried everything, then changed the print head ribbon cables everything was then sorted, hope this helps

Gary

rofo

I´ve seen that many times. Usually the head is dead and should be replaced ... What you can do is to cross the cables with different head to see if the problem remains on the same head. If so replace the head ...

tcorn1965

I´ve seen that many times. Usually the head is dead and should be replaced ... What you can do is to cross the cables with different head to see if the problem remains on the same head. If so replace the head ...

Thanks Guys for the good ideas, I switched the cables around and the problem is still there on same head, must be a bad head. I have a tech coming in this week to replace heads and capping station. :U Rock:

Again Thanks,
Terry

mrblaq

Have you installed new dampers recently? If not, replacing those would be a good step to take before you throw down a lot more money for a new head and billable hours.