Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

any ideas??

Discussion in 'Digital Printing' started by rushworks graphics, Sep 4, 2010.

1. rushworks graphics

rushworks graphics Very Active Member

Jun 29, 2010
    been asked to quote on a hundred + post cards for a regular customer of ours. now i've never done post cards before, and to be honest the first thing that comes to mind is vista print or the local sir speedy do them...as its more a print press type thing i guess.
    i just woundered if its possable to do a post card type thing on our roland vp540i and if so what type of material would i need to do it on? any ideas on this??

Tags:
  2. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    You're better off doing that with offset printing techniques. Your Roland won't be at all cost effective.

3. davidcarr87

davidcarr87 Member

Aug 17, 2010
    hey i used vista print to do this..it only cost me like $15 or so to do 100....they have a offer for free ones or something....dunno..
    you can mark em up pretty good..i think they look ok ---customer loves em its been a little while since i ordered em..so dunno if their still running the same special

but i would check it out...

4. rushworks graphics

Jun 29, 2010
    thanks guys for the replies......as i said my first thought was vista print or one of the local print places here like sir speedy etc, but then i gotta thinking if it was something the roland could do.....maybe not then....thanks gino for the info.
    i will go check out vista print for the postcards, thanks a2z for the headsup on the offers!

5. CS-SignSupply

CS-SignSupply Very Active Member

Gotprint.com and overnightprints.com are others to consider

6. rushworks graphics

Jun 29, 2010
    oh right, thanks..will check them out right now.

7. AUTO-FX

AUTO-FX Very Active Member

Feb 14, 2010
    i've used vistaprint for a bunch of stuff. Good and cheap.Great customer service when i had a problem one time. *** a tip- i found cheaper prices by ordering lower quantities in multiples (order, log off, then go to re-order), and they didnt seem to care, so check that out. i also found that paying for a rush wasn't necessary - it still comes in fast. Dont pick the slow-boat-from-china option , however.

8. CheapVehicleWrap

CheapVehicleWrap Very Active Member

Dec 2, 2008
    overnights good. runs many specials and coupon codes. But is 100+ really worth anyone's time? 1000 is cheap enough and still...