• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Any need for heated laminator for L360?

cg2006

Just doing more research on the L360. Because of its instant curing and scratch-resistant benefits, is there much need for lamination any longer for indoor graphics with 2-3 year expectancy? And if so, is there any need for getting a heated laminator or are most of you using cold laminators?

Drip Dry

I laminate cold with my Roland. New 360 is setup tomorrow and my intention is to go cold.
As for laminating at all, I think it makes the final print a little thicker and is easier to handle while mounting.

Dizimoto

I'm on an GMP EXCELAM 1400COLD - Used mainly for laminating vehicle graphics...... What I could do with is finding somewhere that sells just plain silicone backing paper for the bottom sheet on the laminator - The carrier paper on the laminate I use is so thin and easy to crease up....

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
Just doing more research on the L360. Because of its instant curing and scratch-resistant benefits, is there much need for lamination any longer for indoor graphics with 2-3 year expectancy? And if so, is there any need for getting a heated laminator or are most of you using cold laminators?

This is easily answered on your own by doing some application.
Apply UN-laminated printed vinyl to substrates. If it's harder to install, or get's squirrely and edges get curved then you know you don't like using unlaminated vinyl.
Rub and scratch at the unlaminated print and see if it stands up to the amount of scratch resistance you want. If not then you know you don't like using unlaminated vinyl.

Signed Out

Laminate isn't necessary for 2-3 year indoor applications with solvent/eco solvent anyway. Sure it makes handling and installing easier, but not necessary. I would think/hope it would be the same with latex.