• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Any news on solid White and medal chromes from inkjet printers ?

artofacks1

Hello,

We currently use edge fx for all our printing needs as we do a lot of white on clear and chrome prints.

Wondering if any solid white amd medal ink jet printers out there that are catching up to the edge fx foil chrome and whites.

The white will come with time. I believe some people have alot of success with this. The metallics will never be like the foils. Two completely different products IMO. It would have to be a complete printing change in techniques and ink sets.

rubo

The technology was here for about 30 years or so - it's called conductive ink - it is used to print PCB boards - printed circuit boards. Ink is colloidal silver, it runs trough both piezo and thermal heads - ie, anything DX something or another, and HP or Cannon. Here is the link:

http://www.methode.com/sensors-and-switches/conductive-and-resistive-inks.html#.Vjun5Su8qSo

The ink runs about $4K per liter - yes, that's right - $4000, but these guys will sell you carts filled with ink. The output is amazing - nothing like "metallic ink" crap being pushed down everybody's throat - you actually have silver on your media, with the sheen and all...I've had them print some stuff for me some 3 years ago on HP - looks like gold leaf. There are more places to get the inks - just search for "conductive inks".