• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Any one running BobCad software?

SignManiac

Looking into buying new software that will do true 3-D modeling and also want an advanced nesting program to go with it.

I'm looking at BobCAD-CAM Version 21. If anyone is using this, are you happy with it and if not, what is it you don't like about it?

thanks

SignManiac

LOL....I found the same thing. He quoted me $3k for the software but if I order today I can get it for $1k. That's a hell of a special.

I just downloaded the trial version. It doesn't easily do what I need it to do. It seems to be geared more to machining parts instead of signs.

Techman

if you squeeze them long enuf then make an offer you can get them down to $500,, or so i've heard..

There are tutorials around for it too somewhere.

dedvyned

Looking into buying new software that will do true 3-D modeling and also want an advanced nesting program to go with it.

I'm looking at BobCAD-CAM Version 21. If anyone is using this, are you happy with it and if not, what is it you don't like about it?

thanks
I will recomend EnRoute Pro 3.3 or the latest one 4.0, their price is fair, and easy to use has enought features to start making 3D cut reliefs. Now if you want to spend the money for a program with more cool features go with ArtCam Pro is a really nice program and easy to use and lot of tutorials available. Also I tried Vectric 3D cut good program too for $ 400.00. I wont bother use BobCAd, I tried once did not like too complicated this is not made for Signmaking.

Bob-CAD is geared more towards the machining of parts than signs. They do have decent support, and are inexpensive as far as the CAD-CAM software...but still are not geared towards what you ultimately want to achieve.

Cadlink (ProfileLab), SAI (EnRoute), and Delcam (ArtCAM) have products that are geared towards the sign industry. I hope to get ProfileLab in the coming future but I can also say that ArtCAM is user friendly (except for the cost). I also know that Cadlink does offer "competing" discounts (and "current user" discounts). The 50% makes it look real attractive.

RC Woodworks

I bought BobCad V22 and I have not used it yet. I am still setting up my CNC equipment. But V22 is suppose to be more for sign making. I also have V Carve Pro and that is a sign software and cost less.

I know why did I buy the Bobcad? Because it came with 10 training disc. But is interested I am willing to sell my BobCad for $750.00 obo. I am not sure if you can buy it for $500.00? Yes they are pushy in sales. I found my salesman pleasant, but the after sale they called me every week to buy more software. I needed to tell them to leave me alone!

I will give my license and the little key, doogle I don't remember what it is called. That way you won't need to pay for another license. Plus I paid for extra tech support.

Anyway if anyone is interested PM me and I will give you my contact info.

Rick

Lunatic Taskbar

I think there is a free 3d program called Blender, I am not sure if it does what you want but the price is great. Could be worth a try.