Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any One using Port A Cool in the Warehouse with printers

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by KevSign, Jun 29, 2013.

1. KevSign

KevSign Member

Apr 21, 2006
    Orange, CA
    Just purchase FB500 around 3month ago. Now heat rise in the warehouse and machine cannot print. Our lease here only 2 years and run out working space, we are move out when term is end next March.

We purchased Port a Cool (water cooler) to help keep temperature cooler for employees and the machine can print instead we only print early morning or late night.

My questions are the humidity will make machine problem?

http://portablecoolers.com/models/PAC2K361S.html

Thank you!!!

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. James Burke

James Burke Being a grandpa is more fun than working

Jan 2, 2010
    Mitten State
    I have a lot of issues with my paper-backed Hartco materials (sandblast mask) when the humidity outdoors gets too high. The paper backing absorbs moisture and tends to curl. I would suspect you'll have similar issues. JB

3. SightLine

SightLine Premium Subscriber

Humidity can also greatly affect color profiles and how things print....

4. HulkSmash

HulkSmash Major Contributor

Sep 10, 2010
    Denver.
    humidity is great for printing. I have a MASSIVE one all my printers are in the same room. no issues.

5. KevSign

KevSign Member

Apr 21, 2006
    Orange, CA
    It work very good, cool down 20 degrees. I came to other unit it hotter than our unit.
    Orange, CA Sunday 6/30 at 91 degrees.

6. supersignmart

supersignmart Member

Jul 11, 2005
    Ruston, LA
    a/c

We use one to add humidity to the room from time to time. Its funny usually the humidity outside is over 80% but the A/C
    really dries the air. I have two fb950's
    and could not imagine running them in an environment that doesn't have good climate control.

7. rjssigns

rjssigns Major Contributor

Jun 4, 2007
    Home Office
    As long as you keep humidity levels in check I don't see a problem. We maintain between 55 and 65 percent humidity.

8. KevSign

KevSign Member

Apr 21, 2006
    Orange, CA
    Port-A-Cool worth every penny

We are plan to put this unit to other place not in the shop for winter (need for FB500 cool down able to print in summer).

Any way we are printing AMA (American Music Award) back drop Celtic fabric on LX850 and a lot of fume (smoke) around the shop. We are turn unit 180 degrees to help pull the fume out of the shop in couple minute.

Love this unit. We are going to get 2nd one for summer 2014 proper smaller for other room, we don't have AC.

Attached Files: