• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Any opinions on General Formulations AutoMark Concept 230

milchad

We had a sales guy visit yesterday trying to get us to switch to AutoMark Concept 230 from Avery MPI2023. We apply to flat surfaces only, so the air-egress isn't a must have feature, but would make application even easier. I wanted to get some opinions on General Formulations before moving forward.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
I use several GF products, mostly dry erase laminate and some vinyl. Decent stuff at a good price point. But never really incorporated into my full lineup of materials. Installed one or 2 wraps with Automark and it seems good enough, just like 3M better.

CanuckSigns

The automark is a solid material, if you use it within it's capabilities it really is top notch. I wouldn't use it to actually wrap a car with, but we use it all the time for box trucks & trailers. it behaves very similar to a cast film, it has a nice repositionable adhesive with air release, it's got a bit more tack than I would like, but it's not a deal breaker.

Salmoneye

It starts to pull of the backing paper on the edges sometimes while even on the sign table. Other than that I have used it a bit and it has held up well. I have thought about switching to it instead of 3651 for other flat work that we do.

InstantOneMedia

Our material is a 4 year Air Release Removable vinyl with gray adhesive at only $130 a roll for a 54" x 150' roll. PM me if you want to try a free 10' sample.

CanuckSigns

It starts to pull of the backing paper on the edges sometimes while even on the sign table. Other than that I have used it a bit and it has held up well. I have thought about switching to it instead of 3651 for other flat work that we do.

We recently switched from 3651RA to Arlon 4560GTX for our intermediate day to day vinyl, so far no complaints, the arlon is a bit thicker which is nice, and I like the air-release pattern better.