• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

any photoshop gurus out there?

i'm not very good at illy or ps to be honest as i've only have been using it for a few months. have been using composer for the last 6 years. anyways....i have a filter that i added to an image in ps(version 4) and when i take it back into illy(version 3) the image/filter i added looks very pixalated upclose on the screen.
now, not knowing alot about filters or add ons etc, i was under the impression that they would be great for printing directly from ps etc......but like i said the image where i added the filter is pixalated. how do i make sure when i print that this filter is good and not pixalated??

thanks!

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
i'm not very good at illy or ps to be honest as i've only have been using it for a few months. have been using composer for the last 6 years. anyways....i have a filter that i added to an image in ps(version 4) and when i take it back into illy(version 3) the image/filter i added looks very pixalated upclose on the screen.
now, not knowing alot about filters or add ons etc, i was under the impression that they would be great for printing directly from ps etc......but like i said the image where i added the filter is pixalated. how do i make sure when i print that this filter is good and not pixalated??

thanks!

Are you sure of those version numbers? PS 4 and Illy 3 would be about 15 and 20 years out of date respectively. Would also help if you tell us what filter you're using and post a screen shot. If it's the old Eye Candy filters then they have a size limit that could be causing the issue.

signswi

Why are you bringing raster graphics back into illustrator, and is the dpi decent? Maybe take a few classes or spend a few months watching videos at Adobe TV. See you in four years.

MikePro

shouldn't have an issue if you're creating artwork in any version of PS, flattening layers and saving to a high resolution image file and then importing into any version of illustrator.

GB2

Old Member
You should check your "Document Raster Effects Setting" in Illustrator usually under the "Effects" menu to be sure it is set to the proper resolution.

rfulford

What type of photoshop file are you importing? A photoshop eps file with illustrator set to link (probably the only option in version 3) will show you the eps preview and will look pixelated.

If this is not the case, we probably need more info.

cmaxdesigns

when you say the image is pixelated up close, do you mean zoomed in? If so, that could be normal since you are limited to a raster image. If you are above 150% zoom in illy images from photoshop will naturally look pixelated unlike the art you created in illy which can be enlarged to your hearts content without pixelation. Viewing the image at 100% will show you a good representation of what will be printed if your settings in illustrator are correct.