Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Powerful enough solvent flushing?

Discussion in 'Mimaki' started by jimmmi, May 21, 2019.

1. jimmmi

jimmmi Member

Sep 13, 2013
    Greece
    Hello, I would like to know if someone has used and can suggest me any powerful enough solvent cleaning solution to clean dried printhead,tubes etc. Of course not damage the printhead after some hours-days soaking.

Tags:
  2. MikePro

MikePro Major Contributor

Feb 3, 2010
    Racine, WI
    which printer & inkset?

3. ewded

ewded Member

Aug 28, 2017
    Europe
    Use the supplied cleaning solution, it's the same thing as your ink but without pigments or you can use leftover 'pre fillup' liquid in your cleaning cartridge

4. jimmmi

jimmmi Member

Sep 13, 2013
    Greece
    Jv33 with easy ink light solvent

5. MikePro

MikePro Major Contributor

Feb 3, 2010
    Racine, WI
    Triangle Ink has a MSS Flushing Solution cartridge for that machine
    no guarantees that you'll recover a printhead with it, but it should break-down & flush whatever ink its able to make contact with.... I've heard of people also using ultrasonic jewelry cleaning tools with the flushing solution, but that sounds like another potential for getting solution on the electronics of the printhead & ruining it anyways.

uncertain if the jv33 has a capping station that you can fill with cleaning solution, but my jv3 had a nozzle wash mode where it would allow me to fillup the capping station with cleaning solution, and it would park the heads on it for a set amount of time that I would extend by simply pulling the plug on the machine and let the head remain parked on the cleaning solution over the weekend.