• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Any profile suggestions for poster paper on a mimaki with ss21?

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Any recommendations for what profile to print onto briteline 9mil semi gloss photo paper? Printer is a mimaki cjv150 with SS21 inks. Will a gpvc work ok?
I looked at Sihl and grimco for a canned profile but neither had one.

Any recommendations for what profile to print onto briteline 9mil semi gloss photo paper? Printer is a mimaki cjv150 with SS21 inks. Will a gpvc work ok?

We use a Mimaki generic PVC profile on our Sihl papers and they print just fine, although we really don't do much that is color critical.

Thanks. Do you have to up the passes or do any adjustments vs vinyl?

That's a little touchy. On one hand, you want nice print quality, but on the other hand, you don't want your paper to warp. I don't know how your paper is, but with the Sihl TriSolv paper that we use, we get some warping if the paper hangs out over the heater too long, so I usually run somewhere around 16 pass and just cut the posters off the printer one by one as they come off. But if I feel that I have to use the take up reel for a large order, I'll usually bump it up closer to 24 passes to prevent ink rubbing off onto the back of the media and what little bit of warping we get usually isn't too bad. I just make sure I run a fan across the media as it goes onto the take up reel to help it cure faster and occasionally I'll roll the media on the take up reel back a little bit to let some air pass through the rolled up layers and then roll it back tight again and start the next set of prints. Poster paper is about my least favorite thing to print on just because I find it a little harder to find that perfect sweet spot.

yannb

Hi, send me a PM and I'll send you some profiles for paper. What ink set is your printer equipped with? 2xCMYK, CMYK Lc Lm Lk O, ...

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
Before we got the Colorado and started making our own profiles I used to just use all of 3M’s profiles on our CJV-30. There was a 6 pass profile in there that NEVER gave us any banding and everything came out great no matter what media. Just the mimaki took 8 hours to print a roll! (Even on 6 pass!)