Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Questions

Discussion in 'CNC Routing & Laser Cutting' started by jwash, Aug 10, 2003.

1. jwash

jwash Member

Aug 7, 2003
    If anyone has any questions about using their CNC routers...please feel free to ask. I am quite fluent with mine. Also if you have any tips let me know also.

jwash

Tags:
  2. MAB SIGNS

MAB SIGNS Very Active Member

Jun 29, 2003
    MDF?

I just signed on with a good company who has a router in house and we're using MDF for routered panels as well as some PVC, Cedar, and Signfoam. How is MDF outdoors? Pros / cons? Also can you cut acrylic letters on a router and if so what about using a specialty film over acrylic or PVC then cutting on a router? Would chem metals be better to use as a laminate for routered signage? Needless to say I'm excited at the idea of utilizing a router in our shop. Its a Gerber, not sure what model but I believe it has a 4' x 8' bed or close to it.

3. ChiknNutz

ChiknNutz Major Contributor

Apr 18, 2003
    I wish I had a CNC router to learn about...

4. Dennis Raap

Dennis Raap Active Member

Oct 5, 2003
    USA
    We cut acrylic with our router it is a hard material if you engrave the chips like to melt back to the path. The feed rate needs to be slower than most materials.:smile: