• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

any quick books experts out here?

gabagoo

I personally have no idea how the program works, but we upgraded to premier 2008 I believe and now we get these 2 lines of tax info that print under the description column calculating tax info. We have the tax info at the bottom but cant seem to find out how to delete these 2 lines of copy that keep appearing on invoices. In the setup of the invoice you can see them in there and allwe can ascertain is that it is data but we cant seem to find a way to delete it.
I know that makes little sense but maybe someone out here has had a similar issue with the program and has found a way to fix it.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I personally have no idea how the program works, but we upgraded to premier 2008 I believe and now we get these 2 lines of tax info that print under the description column calculating tax info. We have the tax info at the bottom but cant seem to find out how to delete these 2 lines of copy that keep appearing on invoices. In the setup of the invoice you can see them in there and allwe can ascertain is that it is data but we cant seem to find a way to delete it.
I know that makes little sense but maybe someone out here has had a similar issue with the program and has found a way to fix it.

Can you take a screen shot and post it ?? One of the place where you type your information.... and then one of the review window.

It's probably going to be in your template set up using the form that's the problem and eliminating it there. In the upper left corner, there's a 'customize'.

gabagoo

yikes, i'm in over my head. I have no idea how to even operate the program.
I will get my office girl to get me a screen shot Monday and upload it as she is gone for the day.
Thanks

Seven Sin Design

1. Open an existing invoice or create one.
2. In the invoice window header, there is a "Customize" button.
3. Choose "Additional Customization" out of the 3 drop down options.
4. Next, click the "Footer" tab and uncheck the tax items that you don't want to print on the invoices.

Good luck!

Edserv

QuickBooks offers certifications for their programs nation-wide. If you google "quickbooks certified representative" or a combination of these words, you'll more than likely find a QB "expert" in your area. But be careful, as the certification is only as good as the person paying for the certification. But we lucked out on our first try last year with a very detailed question, and this QB pro ended-up helping us in other bookkeeping matters.
Good luck!
Chris
Lets Go Banners / tsunamiwraps.com

gabagoo

OK here is a jpg of a sample invoice. You can see under description circles in yellow this tax info and it performs the calculation and puts it in the last column. So basically at the bottom of the invoice this is done anyways, but these 2 lines keep appearing.
When actually making the invoice, this information is not on screen and is put in after you select print.

It may have been caused by the conversion over from the earlier version.

I just need to know how to get rid of that printed info, as the function is done at the bottom of the invoice in a seperate box.

does that make any sense?

Attachments

• inv sample.jpg
    inv sample.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 54

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I believe its how you have it entered into your.... service, non-inventory, payment, etc list set up. I don't think it's a serious fix, but can you make a bigger and brighter picture post ?? That one's almost too hard to read.