• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

any quick way to round corners in ai design?

mikeinpdx

I've got a ai design file for a cut letter job with a lot of sharp edges. My Roland cutter, even with smoothing on, tends to tear on sharp turns. Is there an easy way to globally change all the corners in the design to be slightly rounded so they will cut better, or does this need to be done manually for each corner? ( I don't know AI well, but my designer thinks this has to be done manually and I thought I'd check and see if there is an easier way for them to do this )

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
Round Any Corner.js is a script file that GAC05 also pointed to. It is the best when you want to round the corners on all or selected corners.

Effects -> Stylize -> Round Corners built into Illustrator is horrid and should be fixed

The newer live corner rounding in Adobe CC is awesome and I use it dozens of times a day but there are limitations. The js script file mentioned works best for what you want to do