• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Any reason not to use this for floor graphics?

PrintItBig

Hi,

Is there any reason not to use this material (attached) for floor graphics with an appropriate slip rated laminate? Would be used on hard flat internal floors.

It's a 1-3 year monomeric with permanent water based acrylic adhesive.

Should we be using a solvent based adhesive? Does it matter?

Thanks.

Attachments

• S-VG1.pdf
    74.6 KB · Views: 240

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
It’s pretty cheap stuff. We use that sometimes for corrugated plastic signs and cheap foam boards. I don’t see why it wouldn’t work but you should probably at least get the VG2 (polymeric) as I think most anti slip laminates are polymeric so you don’t want different amounts of shrinkage.

Have you tried the FVM they do? Pretty cheap and doesn’t need the laminate. We’ve run a LOT of it recently. Easy for customers to apply and saves loads of time laminating.

PrintItBig

Thanks for the reply.

I think the laminate is actually monomeric as well, although solvent adhesive.

I'm mostly concerned with the vinyl pealing off the floors / not adhering well / lifting prematurely etc.

Do you think that's going to be an issue? It is permanent, but water based.

Don't know if I should stick to a high tack or solvent based adhesive?

I just have some rolls of this which would be helpful to use. Paper Graphics seem to think it's OK but just don't want to cause myself a headache.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
You definitely won’t have any issues with peeing. In fact I’d probably suggest a removable adhesive for when they want the graphics back off lol