• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Any Reviews/thoughts on the Gerber Solara ion?

Since93

Hi all! We are looking at direct to substrate printing machines, and one possibility is the Gerber Solara ion series. I would be interested in hearing thoughts from any owner who has one, and how it is working out.

Thanks in advance!

Mikeifg

For uv and indoor displays it's a really good machine. We thought about getting one after seeing my buddies in S. Carolina. But needed something for more fleet roductions. Good direct to substrate printer. Gerber has always had good products.

Signworks_WI

We had our Ion X installed earlier this year, previously had had the UV2. I LOVE my Ion. It is easy to use and we have had very good luck with it. We do alot of coroplast, pvc, polymetal, banners and vinyl decals on it. We didn't have the best of luck with the UV2 but the Ion fixed all the problems we had with it. In the 360 4 pass mode we can have one full 4' x 8' sheet printed in 20 mins.

seaserpent

Love the Ion also. We've had the Ion X model for 18 months. Runs 8 to 16 hours a day.The new Gerber Cat is much better and incredible printing. Looking to upgrade now. I haven't owned a Gerber product since the original cutters and I must say the tech support is fantastic. I would like to have two of these machines. Long lasting durable prints on most substrates. Corrugated plastic is perfect.

econolinesigns

We have has our Ion X in place for almost three years. There were some bumps in the beginning but Gerber support was the best and they took care of everything, often going above and beyond. You will not find another UV printer out there with ink that sticks to so many substrates with so little problems. Take a look at the Gerber Scientific videos on youtube. We have been happy with our Ion X. Just like all UV printers, be careful how you place the finished product. Outdoor durability will vary widely based on the environment. We have not looked at the Gerber CAT so I don't know much about the differences.