• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Any Roland VPi Owners Have Trouble Getting At Heads To Manually Clean Them?

player

I recently upgraded to a VP540i and when I go to do a manual cleaning the opening is so small I am having difficulty cleaning the heads. I cannot fit my hand into the opening. Any tricks or strategies? I have bent and cut the swab stick which sort of helps, but I am hoping there is an easier way.

Gene@mpls

I did it for 5 years- kinda tight but it can be done. I lit it with leds under glass (solvent drips melt plastic).

player

I did it for 5 years- kinda tight but it can be done. I lit it with leds under glass (solvent drips melt plastic).

I just cannot get my hand into the opening... I have no way to reach the heads. I put the swab stick between two fingers and then I cannot control it.

I am probably going to try cutting the sheet metal bottom open so I can get them from underneath.

player

You can hold the cleaning stick by the end and move the carriage a little bit to the right to reach the first printhead.

Thanks. That's what I have been doing, but I have to hold the stick by the end between 2 fingers. I have a hard time and very limited control and pressure. My hand cannot get close enough. I am thinking about using needle nose pliers or Vise-Grips.