• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Any Solvent Printable 54'' rolls of paper with silicon backing?

jlalasvt

Hello,

I have a customer who is requesting paper instead of vinyl to seal his product boxes in. I run a mimaki CJV30-130 (54") I am looking for rolls to go on this machine.

So far I have had no luck finding it. Ton's of vinyl on silicone backing, But not paper... I would prefer it to be around 6mil -8mil thick. although at this point i don't care.

matte and gloss finishes.

Any help would be great. (SOLVENT INK SS21)

I see paper decals on everything all the time. Just figured it was all coming from China as usual..

Thanks,

- Joe

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
You would think it would be easier to find paper a 54'' roll with and adhesive back. that's 3-8mil thick. seriously: paper stickers are EVERYWHERE!

You'd think that... we've been looking for over 12 months and no supplier in Australia can source anything.
Makes no sense, since nearly all packaging stickers are paper based.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
You'd think that... we've been looking for over 12 months and no supplier in Australia can source anything.
Makes no sense, since nearly all packaging stickers are paper based.

You guys could just put mounting adhesive on the back of your photo paper, the cost of adhesive paper is fairly expensive compared to other materials like polypro and its a more durable solution.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
You guys could just put mounting adhesive on the back of your photo paper, the cost of adhesive paper is fairly expensive compared to other materials like polypro and its a more durable solution.

We don't really need the paper to be photo quality... cheap bond paper is all we need to run thru a UV roll feed printer, not worth trying to mounting adhesive onto though.
It obviously available with all of the Dymo style label printers there are out there, and these must be coming off a much larger roll originally. We just need to find who supplies them a few steps before they become small rolls.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Why not use a roll of paper you like and get a lined roll of mounting adhesive then laminate the two together on your laminator. Just make sure you roll up the print on the printer, print side in.