Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any thoughts on EnduraINK in VJ1204?

Discussion in 'Mutoh' started by dj_elite, Jun 8, 2012.

1. dj_elite

dj_elite Active Member

Oct 26, 2009
    New Hampshire
    SW has a special on this ink. Is it any good? Anyone use it and have good results? Can you swap between this and Mutoh inks? Or should I stay away?

Tags:
  2. FatCat

FatCat Very Active Member

Feb 12, 2007
    Columbus, Ohio
    Don't know anything about them, but have been running bulk JetBest inks in my 1204 for almost a year now with no issues. You can plug and play with your OEM inks without doing a flush. Price is $89/liter + shipping - they also have 220ml and 440ml carts. Colors are 99% identical to OEM, with slightly better reds. A little more solvent smell, but other than that no downside that I have seen.

http://www.jetbestusa.com/

*FWIW - any "good" 3rd party ink supplier that's been around a few years has decent ink these days. You just need to talk to those using the ink with your exact machine for honest feedback - never trust a salesman or company rep to give you all the details.

3. dj_elite

dj_elite Active Member

Oct 26, 2009
    New Hampshire
    Exactly, thats why I figured I would ask here. I have read horror stories using 3rd party inks and was told to use Mutoh only. But when a big name is selling ink for my specific printer for 2/3 what I pay its hard to ignore.

4. FatCat

FatCat Very Active Member

Feb 12, 2007
    Columbus, Ohio
    Exactly. Do your homework, talk to other "users" of the ink with your machine and after some research you should feel confident in taking the next step. :thumb:

5. CS-SignSupply-TT

CS-SignSupply-TT Very Active Member

May 31, 2011
    EnduraINK

It looks like EnduraINK is the private label ink for Signwarehouse's Mutoh printers

6. dj_elite

dj_elite Active Member

Oct 26, 2009
    New Hampshire
    Does that mean it is Mutoh ink just relabeled?

7. Jim Doggett

Jim Doggett Very Active Member

Feb 17, 2008
    We tested them extensively and as the world's number one Mutoh dealer, nobody knows Mutoh better, except Mutoh maybe. :)

I think you can trust us enough to give them a try. And I am confident you'll be super pleased.

Best,

Jim @ SignWarehouse.

8. dj_elite

dj_elite Active Member

Oct 26, 2009
    New Hampshire
    Guaranteed not to mess up my machine? No flushing?

9. CS-SignSupply-TT

CS-SignSupply-TT Very Active Member

May 31, 2011
    EnduraINK

I was hoping you would ASK this question!

10. Jim Doggett

Feb 17, 2008
    No difference in preformance guarantees compared to OEM inks. Just great gammut and price, from an industry leader. Not too shabby. :)

11. thmooch

thmooch Active Member

Mar 13, 2007
    sc
    Is this available for my Prismjet 38?

12. dj_elite

dj_elite Active Member

Oct 26, 2009
    New Hampshire
    I believe it is just for the VJ 1204, but then again the prismjet 38 doesn't use chips, so I wouldn't see why it wouldn't work. But I would ask. You don't by any chance need another 38" do you?

13. thmooch

thmooch Active Member

Mar 13, 2007
    sc
    If/when I upgrade it will be to at least a 48". Thanks though...

14. Jim Doggett

Feb 17, 2008
    If it's a PrismJet VJ (ecosol) then yes.

15. thmooch

thmooch Active Member

Mar 13, 2007
    sc
    PrismJet Extra running Eco-Solvent Ultra.

16. dj_elite

dj_elite Active Member

Oct 26, 2009
    New Hampshire
    going to try it, my printer better not get all clogged up...

17. Finishline Signs

Finishline Signs Active Member

Jul 3, 2008
    Crestview, FL
    I don't know about this new ink but you can use value jet cartridges in the Falcon Jr printer. All you have to do is remove the chrome decal from the old cartridges and put them on the value jet cartridges. I have been using value jet cartridges since all the ink problems began with the falcons. You can even buy the value jet cartridges with the chrome decal on them already.

18. thmooch

thmooch Active Member

Mar 13, 2007
    sc
    Thanks for the info regarding the carts. I'll keep feeding Jr as long as he will continue to keep working!

19. printimage

printimage Member

Jan 27, 2011
    barbados
    Have anyone tried the Endura ink as yet for the vj 1204? I have to buy ink and wanted to know if it good to try.

20. TDFcustomSL

TDFcustomSL Member

Feb 13, 2012
    Kansas
    I have used the endura ink in my 1204 since i bought it new. I had one major issue where the cartridge ruptured in the machine. Sw stepped up and took care of the damages except for my flooring. I have switched from endura ink to mutoh and back during printing with zero issues. Color match was identical. For the money id say give it a try. Like i said i had a cartridge rupture and from everyone i talked to about it its a rare occurence but it can happen. I dont think it was anything wrong with the brand. Being a house brand its clearly just relabeled and i wouldnt be surprised if it isnt mutoh inks re labeled for SW since they are such a large dealer and have the 1204 exclusively. Also, it seems as if there is more ink in them. Once the machine starts beeping there seems to be more ink left once i pull it out than there was in the mutoh cartridges. Could just be my imagination tho.