• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Any tips on manually flushing my print head

Richard Taylor

Hello all! My machine has been broken down for some months but is now up and running.

I have some blocks of my nozzles missing on my test print as you can see on the picture.

I’ve tried many cleans and nozzle washes , leaving to head soaking for over 24hrs and it’s still no good.

I’m thinking of performing a manual head flush but just thought id get some tips from anyone who has experience in this.

Many thanks.

Mimaki cjv30-100

Attachments

• 7C8132F4-36B3-4153-BFAC-D8CCF8BFE4D6.jpeg
    7C8132F4-36B3-4153-BFAC-D8CCF8BFE4D6.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 137

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I usually like to push some solution through very gently just to fill the channels with solution and then let it sit for a minute or two. Give the solvent some time to break up the dried ink. Then push just hard enough to see the solution spray out. It will sort of bubble out of the bottom at first then push a little harder and it will begin to spray. Don't push any harder than that. You will be able to see which nozzles are flowing and which aren't so the ideal situation is you start flushing, there's a bunch of gaps in the spray but slowly they will start to flow again. At the end of the day you can still cause internal damage so be ready for a new head worse case scenario.

I usually like to push some solution through very gently just to fill the channels with solution and then let it sit for a minute or two. Give the solvent some time to break up the dried ink. Then push just hard enough to see the solution spray out. It will sort of bubble out of the bottom at first then push a little harder and it will begin to spray. Don't push any harder than that. You will be able to see which nozzles are flowing and which aren't so the ideal situation is you start flushing, there's a bunch of gaps in the spray but slowly they will start to flow again. At the end of the day you can still cause internal damage so be ready for a new head worse case scenario.
Much appreciated! fingers crossed!