• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

any tips on removing vinyl from aggresive backing paper?

gabagoo

Sounds like a rediculous request, but I have to move about 20 vinyl cut logos from the synthetic clear liner to a silicone paper liner as the customer is having trouble getting the vinyl to release from the liner. I have to admit it is a pain as about half the shapes come off but other pieces refuse to come off. I ran them all through the laminator and tried again, but still a problem. It is sort of hit and miss with this 3m product and I am not sure what makes it stick so aggressively to the liner. I wonder if hear from the back side could help? any suggestions?

I use a lot of 3M Fasara and don't have issues removing the synthetic liner. it def is tighter to the material compared to vinyl on a paper liner. I always give it a quick squgee over it, that seems to help. What type of Pre-mask was used? I use Conform High Tack #4075. I have used other pre-mask on 3M Dusted Crystal and it would barley stay without curling up on the edges.

gabagoo

I use a lot of 3M Fasara and don't have issues removing the synthetic liner. it def is tighter to the material compared to vinyl on a paper liner. I always give it a quick squgee over it, that seems to help. What type of Pre-mask was used? I use Conform High Tack #4075. I have used other pre-mask on 3M Dusted Crystal and it would barley stay without curling up on the edges.

I have a bad feeling that I used medium tack. I am going to try and heat them up from behind and see if that softens them a bit to remove. The weird thing is I use this stuff inhouse for vehicles and I rarely have issues removing the backing paper.

Cross Signs

We Make Them Hot and Fresh Everyday
Heat isn't going to help. Put the cut and taped vinyl in the freezer for half an hour. That should help.