• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Any vinyl removal tips or tricks?

Awards+

I have a small fleet of vans to remove graphics from 2 hours away and looking for a way to cut time off the removal of the old graphics. The graphics are all vinyl cut not wraps. I know to use heat guns and removal wheels but possibly there's a trick to making this easier.

Thanks

AUTO-FX

Every situation is different. You kind of have to play it by ear, so be prepared for several different scenarios. That's the best advice I would give. Take a steamer, heat guns, rubber wheels, solvent, plastic scrapers, and maybe aerosol vinyl remover (3m).
I see you're up north, so you probably missed the best scenario - vehicles parked in the warm sunshine.

Speedsterbeast

I hate doing it, so I tell my customers some of the methods used. If they still want me to do it. I charge them more per hour than my standard rate.

For me, it's a heat gun, plastic razor blades, wax and grease remover, and CBC radio to keep me company.
I have used the rubber wheels, but never found a situation where they worked for me. Only made a mess.

ProWraps

heat, elbow grease, rapid remover and a pressure washer if necessary. there is no shortcut.

bill accordingly. been said a majillion times on here.

SignosaurusRex

All vinyls are not created equal regardless of brand and grade. Unless you can find out what was used, trial and error will be your only option to determine the absolute best method for the fastest/easiest removal. With some brands/grades, too much heat only catalyzes the adhesive more while other brands/grades remove best with less heat. Residual adhesive removal with solvents and solutions as well as the best angle of removal when peeling also depends on brand/grade.