• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Any with a VINYL EXPRESS MACHINE

Got a question: On my Q54 I have been having sheet skew issues occassionally.....

Well... the 3 pinch rollers all have high and low (pressure) settings. DUH....

But heres the thing...
When you put the outter rollers #1 & #3 on the low pressure setting it is like there is a lock so it stays in this low pressure setting...

My middle roller isn't the same. There is no lock. So I noticed what is happening is it is sometimes getting bumped maybe.. and it actullay (the #2 pinch roller) falls to an even lower pressure than low... Because it doesn't lock in the low pressure position like pinch roller #1 & 3.

So my question is am I missing a piece on my #2 (middle) pinch roller???? Does everyone elses # 2 roller lock in the low pressure setting like the # 1 & 3 Rollers??? Am I missing something???

Thanks

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
In the new FC8000 series the middle roller does have three settings, High, Low and off. The two outside ones only have high and low because they should never be turned off. If your Q54 is based off of the FC8000 then your pinch rollers are correct and you aren't missing anything. If I remember correctly the FC7000 series only had high and low settings on all pinch rollers.

907customs

my FC7000 series has just high and low settings on all 3 pinch rollers. I always run my outside 2 on the higher pressure setting. If I run the middle one at all, it is in the lighter setting.