• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anybody bought a Mutoh through Fellers?

parrott

I am considering buying a Mutoh Value Jet 54" to replace the 2 old roll to roll printers we have now. We are not needing a whole lot of speed, but would like good quality prints. I like the idea of the 1 print head and the anti-banding wave pattern. The prints that I have seen from the Mutoh have been very impressive and are leaps beyond what we are producing now. I have been quoted $27,994.00 (pre-negotiating-is this high or low?)for a 64" printer and graphtec plotter completely installed. I am not interested in the 64", but am interested in the 54" and wanted to get some reviews on Fellers. We do not need the 64" as we are not doing wraps or have no desire to do wraps.

As for Fellers, I would like to know what are the pros and cons from people that have purchased a printer through them? Have they lived up to you're expectations on quality and assitance? Would you buy through them again?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

TheSnowman

I realize I'm bringing this back from beyond 5+ years, but I was interested to know how this purchase turned out, if you pulled the trigger. I'm talking to them now about a Mutoh ValueJet 1624X Printer and a cutter as well, and just trying to weigh between this and a latex.

S

spmracing

I just purchased the 1624 from them, w/o cutter or laminator and after trading in my old printer. It was the best decision i've ever made. I love the Mutoh. I've had it for about a year now running about 18 hours aday and haven't looked back.

its a great printer, easy to maintain, and i've had ZERO issues with it. The profiles are amazing too.

AaronSSsignsKC

I run hp l360's now but i used to run a couple 1624's and they were work horses. They have their own issues just like any other machine but they have great quality good speed for what they are and are very user friendly. If there are issues they seem to be easily fixed and it is a machine that is fairly simple in design and easy to learn and maintain, and that is the main thing you treat a mutoh right and they will treat you right! Good luck in your purchase.

thewvsignguy

Love our MUTOH as well, easy to maintain with minimal downtime. We did not buy from fellers but went the SW route for the 1204. Prints great on all sorts of different media, canvas, intermediate, cast, chrome, static cling ect.

We generally run ours about 4-5 hours a day and it's about 4 years old now. Looking to upgrade to a 54" and lots of different choices out there but leaning on the MUTOH again.

trakers

We purchased a 1304 from Feller’s, 6 years ago. They had the best price @ $13,000ish with onsite installation, a 2 year factory warranty, WASATCH RIP and a whole pile of material.

It was drop shipped directly from Mutoh and Scott from Feller’s came and installed it. He did an excellent, professional job.

We had a maintenance station issue about a year in and Mutoh sent a tech and he replaced that straight away, no charge.

The thing I really liked with Feller’s is that we got toll-free lifetime support from their techs. I’ve used it a number of times and they have always answered my questions quickly (most seem to have worked in the sign business for a long time prior) and with real-world customer experience that sometimes the factory CS agent are insulated from.

When we decide to buy a new printer, they will surely be at the top of out vendor list. We also bought a 48” Graphtec plotter from them and also tried to buy a laminator, but ended up going with USTECH on that to save many thousands (Not Feller’s fault they had a good price for the Seal, but it was way overkill for us)

LBrock

Mutoh 1624X or Roland Versaexpress RF-640

We have narrowed down out next purchase between the Mutoh 1624X and Roland Versaexpress RF-640. I would appreciate feedback from someone who has had experience with them. Thank you