• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anybody doing the Roland Webinars?

dcurtisroland

Roland Academy Webinar Series

bump...

We just posted the archive library for viewing. Now you can watch all 28 recorded broadcasts in addition to registering for upcoming webinars through the end of 2011. http://www.rolanddga.com/academy

We're taking requests!

rolandacademy@rolanddga.com

Simply put "REQUEST FOR FUTURE WEBINAR" in the subject line and let us know what you'd like to see. The Roland Academy team checks these emails daily.

-Dana

Last edited:

splizaat

I tried watching the creating profiles one and there was too many stupid questions by people logged in so I gave up on trying to figure it out. I thought it was for people who already owned printers...some of the questions were so ridiculously basic I couldn;t take it anymore.

Custom_Grafx

^ So ignore the questions, and keep watching. There will always be some stuff you already knew, but the info is great, and good on you Roland for spending what I would think to be a LOT of time putting this all together. It is much appreciated!

Splizaat... I think the xrite one should be a good webinar. I didn't read the run down yet, but assume it will include things about monitor profiling, and how best to get screen to print match as close as possible.

Even if you don't have a Roland, probably wouldn't hurt to watch this stuff if you don't know a lot about colour managment and profiling.

dcurtisroland

Webinar Archive over 50 recordings

Bump.

Just a reminder that we have over 50 recorded webinars in our archive library for any Roland owner, international and domestic, to access. Click on the "View Webinar Archive" link in the upper right corner of the screen.

www.rolanddga.com/webinars

-Dana

scuba_steve2699

Dana - are they going to finish and post the joint webinars with Xrite? I know one of them did not record properly but it was a great source of info!

34Ford

Hi Steve,

I love Photoshop, I use Illustrator and Cutting Master plugin to do my cut vinyl, but personally I dont like Illy so maybe Corel is worth a try.

dcurtisroland

Well I was hoping this video would cover more file prep, but it turned into more of a Q&A over half the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uouhMUi1qw

You have me intrigued Dennis. What type of file prep are you referring to? The Intro webinar was designed to acquaint new users with the program, we have several other webinars addressing key features in each section of the software.

Could you be more specific? I'd love to be able to provide more useful content.

-Dana

dcurtisroland

Dana - are they going to finish and post the joint webinars with Xrite? I know one of them did not record properly but it was a great source of info!

We're working with x-rite to re-broadcast part II. The technical glitch was with the visual portion, not the audio. Right now it's availability of instructors and resources. But we'll post it on the webinars page when we schedule a re-broadcast.

-Dana