• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anybody else closed for the holiday..................................................................................................................?

JBurton

Signtologist
We are. First time ever that I know of. Yet here I sit, broken hearted, I came to unload a truck, that hasn't departed... Off to laminate something in the meantime!
So, in honor of all those veterans, here's a video of Mr. Russel Brookshier. This fellow and his son stopped by on the most random Saturday that my father and I happened to be both at the shop grabbing tools for home projects. He'd flown with my granddad, Jasper Sterling Burton Sr., Pop, over the hump during WWII. He recalled Sterling worked at a sign shop in Arkansas, and they were driving through the state and thought they'd swing by and see if they could find him. Pop passed away in the early 90's, but we shot the sh*t for a couple of hours, he gave us a photo of him and my Pop in Burma, and left. We scanned the photo and printed it larger, tracked him down and mailed it to him. Here he is, recounting a comical story about my Pop during a flight over the hump, involving a cigar, mustache, and oxygen... He passed away not long after this interview.
Happy Veteran's Day, and to all those who served, thank you for your service!
IMG_7208-scaled.jpg

Stacey K

I like making signs
That is awesome! "He never did get it to flourish again" -

5 minutes later and I'm still laughing...what a great memory for your family!

american-flag-flowing-260nw-59410309.jpg