• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anybody got one of these??

Gino

Premium Subscriber
We got three of 'em, but we converted them into stills to make whiskey. Better profits after spending $1,800 on each of them....................

rjssigns

Looks kinda like the injector cleaning rig at The Race-Shop. I wonder how that would work..hmmmm
Look at it this way. If you got a head out of your machine it's serious. How much worse could you make it?

4R Graphics

I built my own a few years back after seeing this on youtube.

I think it took me a day or 2 to figure it all out and get the parts and i had maybe $100 in it total.

Worked great on my DX4 heads

I built my own a few years back after seeing this on youtube.

I think it took me a day or 2 to figure it all out and get the parts and i had maybe $100 in it total.

Worked great on my DX4 heads

What did you use to pump the fluid? I have been using a sonic cleaner and syringes to clean mine and it does pretty good but would love to be able to get a pump to push the fluid through the head.

d fleming

We got three of 'em, but we converted them into stills to make whiskey. Better profits after spending $1,800 on each of them....................
I'm thinkin 5400 smackers buys a lot of copper, yeast and corn!

Attachments

• popcorn.JPG
    popcorn.JPG
    25.5 KB · Views: 58

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
I see that a lot but if you are going through a dozen of them in a year is that really any more cost effective? Properly maintained an Epson head will easily last a few years and if one is resourceful you can easily get a new replacement one for well under a grand. Of course you can always pay the rip off price from a dealer as well.... Granted, replacing a DX4 printhead is tricky at best and requires some skills and knowledge of how to properly do the alignments. The newer single DX5 heads however are very easy to replace, takes 20-30 minutes and pretty much run a quickie 3 minute nozzle alignment. Sorry, all the hype and whatnot with the HP latex "is the bees knees" and whatnot gets tiring to me. If it requires dual 220v 15A circuits so it can cook the ink (and material) is it really all that much more enviormentally friendly? The only benefit I have found so far really is that the ink (usually) is dry right off the printer and does not have the airborne VOC's.

As far as being actually on topic and not a flame post.... do not have one. It's really just an ultrasonic cleaner and my guess is probably a mimaki/roland style peristaltic pump and motor hidden in a little box. You can probably built one that will work nearly as well for dirt cheap. Of course you woudl not have the extra fancy machined plate for the head to sit on.

Just get an HP heads are $100.