• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anybody know what's causing this problem. "Please Help"

printman716

Anybody know what's causing this problem.
I replaced the capping station, pump, Dampers and wiper.
I'v done everything form power cleaning to soaking the heads overnight with a pad and cleaning fluid from a cleaning cartridge.
I think the only thing left Is the heads and I don't want to get them If there not bad?.......Phil from Any Kinda Signs

Attachments

• Sample Print 1.pdf
    48.8 KB · Views: 95

R08

I'm getting that too with my black. And I just changed the heads!!
It's not affecting my process black that much that I can tell. But I would like to know as well.

With your test it looks like your Light Cyan is black.

ChicagoGraphics

Check to see you dont have any fibers or lint on your heads. I had that happen to my Mimaki and the were some little fibers from all the banner material I ran threw it.

R08

Did that help you Printman (doesn't help me.. i think i got a defective head)

randya

Anybody know what's causing this problem.
I replaced the capping station, pump, Dampers and wiper.
I'v done everything form power cleaning to soaking the heads overnight with a pad and cleaning fluid from a cleaning cartridge.
I think the only thing left Is the heads and I don't want to get them If there not bad?.......Phil from Any Kinda Signs

If you are going to soak the heads, you should rewet the pad every 15-30 minutes and perform a 'clean' immediately.

The whole idea is to soften up any nozzle plugs so that they can be removed by the vacuum of the pump.

Sure looks like you are missing many, many nozzles and have some deflected ones too..

MacDaddy

Missing and Deflected Nozzles... Clean Clean Clean or just replace the heads... Remember to replace the Dampers when you replace the Heads...

R08

Missing and Deflected Nozzles... Clean Clean Clean or just replace the heads... Remember to replace the Dampers when you replace the Heads...

Hm..Do you think that the dampers can cause deflected nozzles?
I can see cleaning for sure but how could a bad damper cause this?

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Try cleaning the encoder strip, Check you cable for pinches.
Is this a new printer or has it been around the block?

MacDaddy

Just good business sense to replace the dampers when changing the heads... They are cheap and while you got the heads off it just makes sense to go ahead and put clean dampers in front of the heads to possibly avoid any further interuptions in printing... Just my opinion, I just don't like doing something twice for no good reason... Again, just my opinion...

R08

Just good business sense to replace the dampers when changing the heads... They are cheap and while you got the heads off it just makes sense to go ahead and put clean dampers in front of the heads to possibly avoid any further interuptions in printing... Just my opinion, I just don't like doing something twice for no good reason... Again, just my opinion...

Yup I agree. I just thought there may have been a technical reason.. Thx

printman716

I replaced the dampners and everything else but the heads. I'm gonna clean the
decoder strip now and use the vinyl trick and see If theirs any difference but i
don't think that will do It. Question...Do I have to put In numbers or whatever
that process is when I replace the heads?

printman716

Do you really look like that photo. If you read the post It says i replaced
everything but the heads!??? I don't mean to offend you But read the post again. and please try to give me some good advise.

printman716

No It did not work and now the cap on the left Is not pumping ink....this is really messed up. Is there anybody the can look at this in williamstown NJ, I had an issue with cal graph and can't use them.

Compilla

Hm..Do you think that the dampers can cause deflected nozzles?
I can see cleaning for sure but how could a bad damper cause this?

Dampers sit directly on the heads and protect the head from foreign particles. The damper also traps air that might get into the head. If a damper fails air may get into the head causing drop outs. A damper that is filled with particles will not allow ink to flow.

Does it make sense now?

Phil, you need a new set of heads, simple enough.

R08

Do you really look like that photo. If you read the post It says i replaced
everything but the heads!??? I don't mean to offend you But read the post again. and please try to give me some good advise.

I know you're upset but this is a baaaaaad post dude.

R08

Dampers sit directly on the heads and protect the head from foreign particles. The damper also traps air that might get into the head. If a damper fails air may get into the head causing drop outs. A damper that is filled with particles will not allow ink to flow.

Does it make sense now?

Phil, you need a new set of heads, simple enough.

Not sure why the heavy font... I wasn't trying to be a smartass when I asked the question.
I already knew what a damper did but the question was not about ink flow but rather ink deflection. I think this is still in context of the OP.

But I do realize now that tiny air pockets going into the head could cause 'deflection'.

And i would agree that a new head could solve the problem for printman.

Compilla

Not sure why the heavy font... I wasn't trying to be a smartass when I asked the question.
I already knew what a damper did but the question was not about ink flow but rather ink deflection. I think this is still in context of the OP.

But I do realize now that tiny air pockets going into the head could cause 'deflection'.

And i would agree that a new head could solve the problem for printman.

I am Sorry about that , I did not wanted to "sound" rude.