• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anybody make a good core flange?

Graphicdetailsinc

Getting tired of replacing the plastic flanges that hold the media cores. In my opinion they are cheaply made. Even being extremly careful, the tabs break off very easily, usually within 30 days. At $33.60 a piece, I dont feel like replacing them too often. Anybody using anything else? Does someone make them in a metal? Im thinking of getting some machined myself. Just wondering. . .

Attachments

• 100_1704.JPG
    100_1704.JPG
    28.7 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Replace it with the flange with the big threaded wheel like the on that's on the other end of the media rod and/or the take-up reel.

I went through a number of those el cheapo plastic abominations before I had an epiphany and replaced them all with the other style with the knob for tightening. You'll have to remove and discard the locater pin on the media rod. It's no loss, just put a loop of masking tab around the media rod to mark the location.

Not having the locater pin is actually a boon if you run a lot of banners. The banner media is seldom wound to the edge of the core and you have to slide everything over anyway. Not having the flange pinned to the rod makes this a whole hell of a lot easier.

Cy Fan

MaGyver

I think what Bob is talking about is the set up on the right. But in a pinch I constructed the thing on the left out of pvc pipe and end caps that come in R-tape packages. It worked pretty well, but I would recommend what bob mentioned.

Attachments

• P3200043.jpg
    P3200043.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 89