• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anybody read "Profit First" by Mike Michalowicz?

TopFliteGraphics

So, my wife and I are taking a Financial Peace University (Dave Ramsey) course and after class the other day, I mentioned to the class leader that I am self employed and have been struggling with cash flow etc. He is also self-employed and suggested I pick up the book "Profit First." He is in the tech field and said it totally changed his business. Anybody here ever read it and then tried it?

TopFliteGraphics

About half way through the book and I've got to be honest, I only put it down last night when I could not keep my eyes open any longer! Wish I would have found this book sooner but better late than never. I am going to start implementing the plans in it with the very next check I get from ANY customer. I had a really good year last year - basically doubling my sales but at the end of the year, I really did not have anything to show for it. This book promises to change that going forward. I plan on doubling my sales this year as well - I already have several new clients in the que that are all potentially as big as my #1 customer. Even if they are "only" as big as my #3 customer, they will end up equaling my biggest #1.

TopFliteGraphics

Thanks for the recommendation - I might try that one next. I hear you about typos etc - I used to work in the publishing industry and I was frequently the last set of eyes before something went to press. My eyes seem to get drawn towards typos. That is the bad part about the "new" world of so many independent publishing companies and on demand printing.

Andy D

Thanks for the recommendation - I might try that one next. I hear you about typos etc - I used to work in the publishing industry and I was frequently the last set of eyes before something went to press. My eyes seem to get drawn towards typos. That is the bad part about the "new" world of so many independent publishing companies and on demand printing.

FYI The E myth revisited is the one I read and just a word of warning: It's not a easy or fun book to read IMHO. He uses long winded, personal fluff stories
to illustrate his points... but if you can look past that, you won't regret it, it is the most sited book by business leaders as the go-to for starting
and growing a small or medium business.

DirtyD

FYI The E myth revisited is the one I read and just a word of warning: It's not a easy or fun book to read IMHO. He has long personal fluff stories
to illustrate his points... but if you can look past that, you won't regret it, it is the most sited book by business leaders as the go-to for starting
and growing a small to medium business.

+1 on that, it's is hard to stay on track with E-Myth - I should really start reading it again, I am also gonna look into "Profit First"

Andy D

+1 on that, it's is hard to stay on track with E-Myth - I should really start reading it again, I am also gonna look into "Profit First"

Yeah I wish they would come up with a condensed version.
I almost stopped reading a few times, but I'm so very glad I didn't, it has me looking at every business decision
from a much better perspective.