• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anybody recognize this dog-herding-sheep picture?

Sabre

My Grandma took this picture of a old old postcard that she spotted on one of her trips out of town. She didn't check the details on the back, but wanted me to blow up the picture for her. For obvious reasons, that's probably not the best idea... But she really does love it, and I told her I'd see what I could do. Does anyone know what the source is or where we could buy a print from?

I know I'm out on a limb here.... But She doesn't ask me for many favours...

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• dog-herd.jpg
    dog-herd.jpg
    401.5 KB · Views: 79

ddubia

I googled the crap out of several keyword phrases to no avail.

Is there any chance she took that with a film camera? If so you could have the prepress department of a large format printing company scan the photo at a very high resolution for you. That would give you a working chance of reproducing it poster size. The fee would be worth it to get it done for grandma.

I'm not sure how well that would work from a digital print. Maybe.

Sabre

Thanks for the reply, I'm not having much luck with it. It was a digicam shot, too. It's pretty horrible for resolution and has a really bad grain to it, I don't think I'll be able to work with this image.

I'll keep peeking around. Thanks though!

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
My Grandma took this picture of a old old postcard that she spotted on one of her trips out of town. She didn't check the details on the back, but wanted me to blow up the picture for her. For obvious reasons, that's probably not the best idea... But she really does love it, and I told her I'd see what I could do. Does anyone know what the source is or where we could buy a print from?

I know I'm out on a limb here.... But She doesn't ask me for many favours...

Thanks in advance!

It's not that old, those look to be a pair of reasonably modern vehicles in the background.

You should be able to use what you have. If you're worried about black helicopters and the copyright police rappelling down ropes into your home to clap you in irons and carry you off into the night disabuse your mind. It's not going to happen.

You might brighten it up a bit, it's a rather dismal image color-wise. If nothing else you can pass it through something like Alien Skin Snap Art and make an oil painting or something out of it. It's a good stunt to pull on crappy images. Granny might fancy that. She'd have the only one like it on the planet.