• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anybody use Blue Poly2 film?

tbullo

Superunknown
I was using Novastar films before with no problem. They don't make this film any more and I bought some Ulano Blue poly2 film to try. My problem is at the wash out stage. Once I start the wash out at low pressure, it takes a while to come clear. When it does start to clear, it starts to detach from the liner before finished with fine text. Any tips?
Thanks

mpn

Not familiar with that film but it sounds like an exposure issue. (not much help I know)

d fleming

You may want to check how old the film is. You can do that by lot number on tube. If it is fresh, you may be washing out too harsh. It really doesn't tale beryuch to screw up an exposure. It has been a while since I used blue poly. I switched to emulsion many years ago and haven't looked back. Side note, instead of the a&b packets to develop, try hydrogen peroxide and save a couple bucks.

tbullo

Superunknown
Thanks for the tips, incresed the exposure time and soften the wash out. I miss novastar. It was as easy as burn it, wash it out then stick it onto the screen.Really I have gotten out of screen printing but I have a few customers that really need this kind of work. I will keep trying these tips till I get it.