Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody use Blue Poly2 film?

Discussion in 'Screen Printing' started by tbullo, Jan 1, 2014.

1. tbullo

tbullo Superunknown

Apr 5, 2012
    VA
    I was using Novastar films before with no problem. They don't make this film any more and I bought some Ulano Blue poly2 film to try. My problem is at the wash out stage. Once I start the wash out at low pressure, it takes a while to come clear. When it does start to clear, it starts to detach from the liner before finished with fine text. Any tips?
    Thanks

Tags:
  2. mpn

mpn Active Member

Aug 6, 2011
    Not familiar with that film but it sounds like an exposure issue. (not much help I know)

3. d fleming

d fleming Very Active Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Middleburg, Florida
    You may want to check how old the film is. You can do that by lot number on tube. If it is fresh, you may be washing out too harsh. It really doesn't tale beryuch to screw up an exposure. It has been a while since I used blue poly. I switched to emulsion many years ago and haven't looked back. Side note, instead of the a&b packets to develop, try hydrogen peroxide and save a couple bucks.

4. tbullo

tbullo Superunknown

Apr 5, 2012
    VA
    Thanks for the tips, incresed the exposure time and soften the wash out. I miss novastar. It was as easy as burn it, wash it out then stick it onto the screen.Really I have gotten out of screen printing but I have a few customers that really need this kind of work. I will keep trying these tips till I get it.