Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody use Signsite?

Discussion in 'Website Design' started by JAMEY, Jan 10, 2011.

1. JAMEY

JAMEY Member

Sep 8, 2007
    New York
    I am checking out some online designers including Signsite. Anybody here have any experience with them? If so, lets hear about yours.

Tags:
  2. Kevin-shopVOX

Kevin-shopVOX Active Member

Mar 29, 2009
    Maine
    Those guys are pricey in my opinion. They know what they are doing as they developed the online designer (recently purchased by SIGNARAMA...signsite also designed and hosts all of their franchise websites). I would think about the fact that you will still be competing against www.speedysigns.com who is none other than sign site themselves.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2011
  3. Locals Find!

Locals Find! Very Active Member

Oct 17, 2010
    Fort Myers
    I use zetaprints.com. They charge you by the jobs that you actually receive. It is less than $2.00 per.

Fairly basic controls. Not great for really in depth design.

However, I use it a lot for Corporate style stuff. For example Real Estate offices where I am just changing name, number and website for an agent and the basic layout and logo is always the same.

The end user basically fills out a form and it spits the design out. You set all the parameters beforehand.

Not sure if this will be helpful or not, but worth taking a peek at.

4. normana61

normana61 Member

Apr 28, 2006
    Any Others ?

I am also looking at signsite or similar software. Does anyone know any others to look into ?

I tried a "google" search but came up with more "sign sellers" than the actual software

thanks,
    norman

5. vinylbarry

vinylbarry Active Member

Jun 6, 2006
    I would like to research some of these also.

6. gnemmas

gnemmas Active Member

Nov 7, 2006
    CA
    Merchant member: realtimedesigner.com is pretty reasonable.

7. Designer Wraps

Designer Wraps Member

Aug 28, 2007
    NJ
    We built our site over 4 yrs ago - www.greatlettering.com (currently developing an updated version - to be out some time this year).

I never really gave thought to selling the "software/tool" behind it (I was going to sell the entire site at one time, but its cashflow is too good to let go).

If there is real interest in a tool like ours please PM me and we can discuss some ideas to make it work ...

8. Locals Find!

Locals Find! Very Active Member

Oct 17, 2010
    Fort Myers
    The last shop I worked had this designer was very difficult for clients to use. They ended up dropping it. Was too expensive and the end users didn't like it.

9. RealTimeDesigner

RealTimeDesigner New Member

Mar 27, 2012
    The RealTimeDesigner has greatly improved in the last 2 years. We've added custom skinning and preconfigured sign shop products so that the startup is much easier. We're currently serving ecommerce to over 150 shops. Call us for a demo or visit us at the ISA / SGIA shows.

10. Chad

Chad Member

Jan 20, 2005
    Great white nirth
    Online designer

Was it not signorama that just advertised that one of their shops got the most online orders of the whole chain "10" In one month. You have to have a web designer that knows code or it will cost you a ton to get the look that they show on their sample sites.