• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anybody with print experience on PE2Print from Rochling

Dunners

Hey everyone,

I was just wondering if anybody here on this forum has printing experience with PE2Print from Rochling Engineered Plastics?

PE2Print is HDPE (Polyethylene).

In the last couple of weeks I've been getting mixed messages from 2 of my suppliers.

I have an Anapurna MW UV Printer. We've been using it for the last couple of months now. Our supplier that sold us the printer told us to use alcohol to wipe down any substrates including Polyethylene IPA 99.9%.

Our supplier of the Polyethylene (Rochling), told us don't use alcohol to clean their material because it reduces the Dyne Level. Our problems is who do you believe? Rochling is experts in Screen Printing, opposed to Digital Print.

What your thoughts on this?

Thanks,

D.

10sacer

I print on that stuff all the time as I have a customer whose requirement is for non-tearable material.

Wipe it down with a damp cloth - not alcohol. You will get wipe streaking if you use alcohol that you won't be able to see until you print over it. It will look like a light spot in your print - or a huge light spot depending on how well or poorly you can wipe.

We use one of those microfiber cloths from Walmart and lightly wet it and go over every square inch of material we print to.

We generally print on the textured side to get better adhesion.

Dunners

Hey thanks, for the info.

Does your customer use it for outdoor application? When you print on the textured side is that still corona treated?

:thankyou:

D.

10sacer

They use it indoors for grocery store display application. We use the .025 thickness, so you wouldn't put that out in the sun... would warp pretty fast.

Second question really depends upon whose ink you are using. I don't know where Anapurna ink is made (AGFA doesn't make it - they source it).

I am using a CET flatbed and the standard ink from Ink Mill works fine on either side. The extra bite from the texture helps, too.

Print both sides and cut it up and see if you get flaking or chipping.

Dunners

Awesome, thanks, Ill have to try printing on the textured side!

Are you also getting the HDPE Polyethylene from Rochling? I'm also trying to find an alternate supplier.

Thanks,

D

parrott

We buy two skids of the .055 thickness two to three times a year. Never had a single issue with it and will continue to use Rochling. Great prices and decent lead time (2-3 weeks).

10sacer

The PE2Print is only a Rochling product. You have to buy it through a distributor like Piedmont Plastics or Laird Plastics. I don't think you can buy direct since it comes out of Canada anyway.