Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone actually Purchase Ricoh Gen 4 heads from an Alt Vender and have a good experience ?

Discussion in 'Mimaki' started by Tipgypsy, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Tipgypsy

Tipgypsy Member

Oct 3, 2015
    Fleming Island Florida
    I Use Older Cartridge machines UJF-3042 s and 6042's and do all our maint - Have used mostly Authorized dealer parts and found it money well spent . Ive seen parts dealers advertise compatible Ricoh heads for 1/3rd the cost of a Mimaki Replacement. Have made small purchases with 1 or 2 vendors( Not heads) had mixed results - never been brave enough to drop several thousand on a set of heads or even a single . The online reviews are choc full of horror story's of people ordering heads and getting nothing or a bad head . So to be fair here Is there anyone who within the last year has bought the Ricoh Gen 4 heads and had a good result and received the order in a reasonable time .
    Cheers

Tags:
  2. TD Digital

TD Digital Member

Jun 1, 2020
    I purchase heads from a company local to me here in Texas. They source directly from Ricoh and although they are not the cheapest I have found I have been purchasing heads for years with no issues.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Tipgypsy

Tipgypsy Member

Oct 3, 2015
    Fleming Island Florida
    Very Nice - can you say who they are - Ill give them a try .

4. Michael-Nola

Michael-Nola I print things. It is very exciting.

Jul 21, 2016
    In my experience there seems to be a very popular market for fake printer supply websites all based out of Indonesia. Don't ask me why. But I can assure you without a doubt, do NOT buy any heads or printer supplies from any website listing their location in Indonesia - they are all a scam. I have never found a good source for "discount" heads unfortunately. The only reliable way to buy them is from the manufacturer or a major distributor.

5. hand851

hand851 Roland Mutoh & Mimaki inks digiprint-parts.com

Nov 22, 2010
    Columbus, Ohio
    I sell the Ricoh Gen 4 print heads. Installed 9 this year no Issues.

6. Tipgypsy

Tipgypsy Member

Oct 3, 2015
    Fleming Island Florida
    Pretty good bet there - Ive seen the same ads - I was thinking more of the U.S. Based companies - There are several that advertise out of the US The websites are top notch and professional but independent customer reviews are a big red flag especially on print head purchases . Usually if customers are happy and get what they expected they will give a good review . I was looking for that here about aftermarket US vendors .

7. Tipgypsy

Tipgypsy Member

Oct 3, 2015
    Fleming Island Florida
    Digiprint-parts.com Digiprint-supplies.com Digiprint-USA.com very confused

8. hand851

hand851 Roland Mutoh & Mimaki inks digiprint-parts.com

Nov 22, 2010
    Columbus, Ohio
  9. Jerry - IDS

Jerry - IDS New Member

Jun 24, 2020
    Charlotte, NC
    Hey if this is Ed I can vouch for the quality of TD Digital's printheads. I have used them several times in a pinch for in house Mimaki repairs. Feel free to message me or email me with any questions. For sub $900 factory new Gen 4's it is a hard deal to pass up.

• I Appreciate You I Appreciate You x 1
  10. Jerry - IDS

Jerry - IDS New Member

Jun 24, 2020
    Charlotte, NC
    Hey Jay or Dee I am going to be contacting you for some Gen 5's I have a personal project I need to get going :)

11. Tipgypsy

Tipgypsy Member

Oct 3, 2015
    Fleming Island Florida
    Well There you go - Cant get a better recommendation that that - Thanks Jerry -You and IDS have always taken great care of us .

• I Appreciate You I Appreciate You x 1
  12. Tipgypsy

Tipgypsy Member

Oct 3, 2015
    Fleming Island Florida
    Ordered From TD Digital - Gen 4 Ricoh heads for my UJF-3042 Showed up within a few days - Very well packed, Brand new - the real deal - no hassle no issues and no anxiety - Many thanks guys !

• Like Like x 3
  13. TD Digital

TD Digital Member

Jun 1, 2020
    Thanks for sharing. Pleasure doing business with you!

• Like Like x 2
  14. Perry Perkins

Perry Perkins New Member

May 18, 2020
    USA
    What is company's name you buy from in texas

15. Perry Perkins

Perry Perkins New Member

May 18, 2020
    USA

16. Solventinkjet

Solventinkjet DIY Printer Fixing Guide

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    You need to get a merchant membership to sell on Signs101. Very sneaky post.

17. Tipgypsy

Tipgypsy Member

Oct 3, 2015
    Fleming Island Florida
    Your right - I think this is more from me being excited about not getting skinned on print heads . Theres really no way to check anyone out except by recommendation . In all fairness This is on me because I asked the question .

18. Tipgypsy

Tipgypsy Member

Oct 3, 2015
    Fleming Island Florida
    @ Perry Perkins, I thought I was helping by sharing this .

Last edited: Jul 23, 2020
  19. Jerry - IDS

Jerry - IDS New Member

Jun 24, 2020
    Charlotte, NC
    I haven't seen anyone selling anything here so I'm confused.

20. Solventinkjet

Solventinkjet DIY Printer Fixing Guide

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    Maybe I judged too soon. I saw the "pleasure doing business with you" comment and thought someone was being sneaky. If not, I apologize.