• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone capable of converting a CS5 file to CS3 tonight?

Pat Whatley

Told the designer I had to have a CS3 or earlier file...I got a CS5.

It's too late to get in touch with her tonight and I need to get this banner ready before she'll be at work tomorrow.

Anybody out there who can help tonight PM me.

Thanks.

Border

have you tried to create a new, blank doc first, then place the CS5 file into it? I've had some luck with that in the past but onyl from CS4 down.

Pat Whatley

Three people offered but nobody has had time to get the file to me, I guess.

I'll try the trial version. i just hate doing that because I've had trial versions of software upgrades disable the version I already had forcing me to buy the upgrade after the trial period.

noregrets

Sorry Pat, I only got your email at 11.30pm, must be the time delay as I am in New Zealand. I just emailed it through now if its not too late.

Pat Whatley

Look, I expected you to sit by the computer and wait all day for me to email you the file. The nerve of you trying to run a business instead of bowing to my needs.

Seriously, thanks for the offer and for sending the file. The CS5 demo I downloaded has done nothing but made me want to spend $199 on an upgrade instead of an anniversary gift.

noregrets

:cool1: I have only had cs5 for a few days, but from what I see it looks pretty good, I doubt you will regret the upgrade

Bly

I've had success converting EPS files from newer versions to PDF then placing them into Illustrator and flattening them - using the convert text to outlines option.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
The CS5 demo I downloaded has done nothing but made me want to spend $199 on an upgrade instead of an anniversary gift.

CS3 to CS5 is definitely worth the two bills. Skipping the anniversary gift might cost you more than the two bills in the end.

JB

Pat Whatley

I was thinking eventually she'd get over it and I'd still have the Illustrator upgrade until my neighbor pointed out that if I upgraded Illustrator she might upgrade who she's sleeping with.

Illustrator can wait.