Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone capable of converting a CS5 file to CS3 tonight?

Discussion in 'Adobe' started by Pat Whatley, Jun 7, 2010.

1. Pat Whatley

Pat Whatley Major Contributor

Sep 29, 2003
    Wetumpka, AL
    Told the designer I had to have a CS3 or earlier file...I got a CS5.

It's too late to get in touch with her tonight and I need to get this banner ready before she'll be at work tomorrow.

Anybody out there who can help tonight PM me.

Thanks.

Tags:
  2. Border

Border Very Active Member

Feb 8, 2007
    Minnesota
    have you tried to create a new, blank doc first, then place the CS5 file into it? I've had some luck with that in the past but onyl from CS4 down.

3. DarbySign

DarbySign Member

Jul 31, 2009
    can you download a trial copy of CS5 and run it for the next month?

4. noregrets

noregrets Member

Jan 27, 2007
    Nz
    pm sent ;)

5. Pat Whatley

Sep 29, 2003
    Wetumpka, AL
    Three people offered but nobody has had time to get the file to me, I guess.

I'll try the trial version. i just hate doing that because I've had trial versions of software upgrades disable the version I already had forcing me to buy the upgrade after the trial period.

6. ddarlak

ddarlak Trump Hater

put it on another computer

7. cgsigns_jamie

cgsigns_jamie Very Active Member

I've got CS5 if you still need a conversion... at home and at work so I can get it back to you pretty quickly.

8. noregrets

noregrets Member

Jan 27, 2007
    Nz
    Sorry Pat, I only got your email at 11.30pm, must be the time delay as I am in New Zealand. I just emailed it through now if its not too late.

9. Pat Whatley

Sep 29, 2003
    Wetumpka, AL
    Look, I expected you to sit by the computer and wait all day for me to email you the file. The nerve of you trying to run a business instead of bowing to my needs.

Seriously, thanks for the offer and for sending the file. The CS5 demo I downloaded has done nothing but made me want to spend $199 on an upgrade instead of an anniversary gift.

10. noregrets

noregrets Member

Jan 27, 2007
    Nz
    :cool1: I have only had cs5 for a few days, but from what I see it looks pretty good, I doubt you will regret the upgrade

11. Bly

Bly Very Active Member

Mar 9, 2004
    Sydney
    I've had success converting EPS files from newer versions to PDF then placing them into Illustrator and flattening them - using the convert text to outlines option.

12. James Burke

James Burke Being a grandpa is more fun than working

Jan 2, 2010
    Mitten State
    CS3 to CS5 is definitely worth the two bills. Skipping the anniversary gift might cost you more than the two bills in the end.

JB

13. Pat Whatley

Sep 29, 2003
    Wetumpka, AL
    I was thinking eventually she'd get over it and I'd still have the Illustrator upgrade until my neighbor pointed out that if I upgraded Illustrator she might upgrade who she's sleeping with.

Illustrator can wait.