• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone cut vinyl directly from Corel?

John Miller

Is there software that let's you cut vinyl directly from Corel rather than exporting your file into some plotter driver software?

binki

When we had a Graphtec cutter they had software that integrated into Corel and we cut from there.

jimdtg

There does have some plug-ins for Corel that allows you cut directly. You can try with SignTools or CoCut.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
I've been using SignCut Pro for that last 3 or so years. Once you get the hang of it it works quite well. It supports contour cutting as well. The auto sensing works fine but the manual mark registration is well nigh unusable. All in all, worth the $130/year.

scrubz

I have a Roland GS24, use it like a printer. Prep the job, hit print, choose the roland, change preferences, run it.

WildWestDesigns

It used to be that Corel was able to handle it to where you could do print->file, but I think that has changed. But I haven't missed with DRAW since x6 (and I hardly used Draw at that), so I can't swear to it now.

Other method would be, does your cutter support raw HPGL (not all do, my Rolands do)? If it supports that, I would setup a "generic printer" to expect the raw HPGL format and handle cutting by simply "printing" to the cutter from your program and let it parse what it needs from the raw feed.

Terry01

Its all we ever had before Signlab came along. I still have Coreldraw4 as a backup program and it cuts perfectly. Load your cutter in Printers, wireframe whatever you want to cut, and print to that cutter.

GimmeLiberty

Is there software that let's you cut vinyl directly from Corel rather than exporting your file into some plotter driver software?
I've used Gerber Composer, Flexi and Corel at different intervals in my career. CorelDraw is far and wide the best complete graphics software for sign production (in my opinion and experience). Yes, you can cut directly from CorelDraw if you have the basic computer skills to send a cut-ready file to Print. If you're currently using CorelDraw, rest assured you're using the very best in signage production software. Just a few notes and no assumptions; if you're wanting to cut vinyl, route channel letter faces/backs, make sure you're production art is clean with as few nodes as possible without distorting the curvature and lines of the letters/logo. Remove the "color fill" from everything leaving only clear lettering/logo with a "hairline outline". This is what the plotter or router understands to cut. Only a digital printer understands to overlay in color. I hope I'm making sense.

MrDav3C

We cut from CorelDraw all day long, with our older graphtec's we used to have the plotter installed as a printer, we would set the paper size to free roll and as gimmie liberty said change the cut files to a hairline outline so it cuts accurately (anything else can produce an unexpected output from the plotter). These days with our newer graphtec we use the cutting master plugin which gives you a little more control over cutting.