• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone dealt with this

Happyprinter

Got a phone call from a company called Dualite wanting me to install a sign.
Went thru all their paperwork to get set up as a vendor. Then at the end of
the process was told their was one more form to fill out, their "No Compete" form.
OK, I understand not wanting me to solicit their customers for signs. But according to their form, I cannot try to sell them anything once a lead has been given to me. So, if they call me and ask me to do a bulb replacement for John Doe, and John Doe may already be doing business with me, according to their contract I, from that point forward, cannot contact that customer again regarding signs.
The other problem I have is that I have 2 businesses. And in reading their contract, would limit my contact with John Doe in either business. My question, has anyone else delt with this problem or with Dualite and if so, has the no compete been and issue?:cool:

2B

Have seen some weird request when we do different subcontract work but that is a first!
How would they even know if you do work for X customer or know when the compete clause was violated?

you can't stop a customer from going else where.

MichaelAlmand

Have seen some weird request when we do different subcontract work but that is a first!
How would they even know if you do work for X customer or know when the compete clause was violated?

you can't stop a customer from going else where.

yeah but it would be shady

Happyprinter

Thanks for your replies. The thing that struck me as kind of odd was the comment made by one of their managers when I questioned them about the contract. His statement was "Our customers are under contract with us on all their signs". If that's
the case, why the contract?

DigiPrinter

Strike it out and make the contract work for you as well. Dualite is a large national manufacturer that sometimes will try to control the little guy. If you have not worked with some of the larger national manufacturers before, I would also make sure there is a good understanding to the payment terms. There's a few out there that can string things out really long and can be frustrating when you've done your part but they're not doing theirs.