• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone else buy dumb stuff they can't justify?

GypsyGraphics

Thought i'd share a recent purchase i made, on a girl's day out to Harbor Freight. Wasn't really looking for anything, but this little red beauty caught my eye and when i opened the box.... well i just had to have it. Aaand it was on sale!

Oddly enough my husband was not impressed with this unique find. Even after I did my best Vanna White impression, pointing out all the qualities of this fine collection.... he just shook his head and rolled his eyes.

The conversation went something like this...
him: Do you even know what those are?
me: Only the finest collection of O-Rings i've ever seen!
him: What did you pay for that dumb thing?
me: Just do the math, i got 382 of 'em for the low low price of $7.99.. why the box alone is worth that. Maybe you didn't notice the ingenious box, look how the upper post fit into the lower voids. Hell, if i wanted to, i could sell them for a nickel a piece and more than double my money and still have this cool box!

I tired to drum up a little excitement with a ... "lemme hear ya say OOOOO-ring!"

I never did get an OOOOO out of him... but someday, someone is gonna need a hard-to-find O-ring, and they'll ooh & ahh at the very sight of this fine collection.

OOO-Ring anyone?
O-rings-2.jpg O-rings-1.jpg O-rings-3.jpg

Last edited:

Stealth Ryder

Good Find!!!! Great Price!!! I do it all the time, useless electronic gadgets, IE Pen Video/Audio Recorders, USB Tracking Devices, etc... We all have our soft spots...

WildWestDesigns

Atleast you have a soft spot for the cheaper stuff. My weakness is bigger turbochargers and modified injectors for my 6.0 powerstroke.

"But baby I really do need a 500+ HP DRW truck to haul the horses, it's just so weak stock."

OldPaint

my wife has this thing for BUNGI STRAPS!!!!! i think its the colors that draw her to buy them)))))))

CheapVehicleWrap

No thanks. Harbor is 3 blocks away and I have my own. But... I'm curious about this "girl's day out to Harbor". Does such a thing exist in Jersey? Never thought of wooing the ladies with big chinese tools. But then again I mostly see hairy fat dudes there and that's a whole different kinda wooing.

As a matter of fact, I was there today and that's JUST what i saw!

asd

are u kiddin me, I saw the same thing last weekend and thougnt to myself, what can someone do with so many OOOOOOOOOO rings?

GypsyGraphics

hey... i'm not really selling these things... that would just break up the collection :tongue:
Well...ya know.....there are 'other' uses for those things!!!
it took me a little while to figure out "other uses" could be, and umm... i think i could get more than a nickle a piece for those.