• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone else find it interesting.....

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
That there were 60-something Canidians aboard that plane that went down leaving Tehran last night? I could understand if the plane was going to Canada but it was flying to Ukrane. Do Canidians like Iran? Is it a hot vacation destination for them?

Baz

From what i understand is we have a large Iranian population.
To fly there (and back) they had to go through Ukraine to connect to another flight.
I read there were many students that went back home for the holiday season. (I know they are muslim but everything closes up or slows down here for the Holidays just like the US).

Looks like an Iranian missile system made a mistake and targeted the plane.

The youngest passenger on the plane was born in 2016 (just read an article about it)

Terrible.....

player

There was a wedding, 25 and 26 year old students, many other students, a couple of university professors and their children, a doctor, to give you an idea. RIP.

TimToad

Thank you Baz and player for ACTUALLY reading some news, not presuming something out of the ordinary and not ignoring the humanity of those who were killed in the crash. This is a horrible tragedy that has been lost in the bloodlust of the typical American jingoists, ready to add suspect motives to anything not in their realm of reality or understanding.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Thank you Baz and player for ACTUALLY reading some news, not presuming something out of the ordinary and not ignoring the humanity of those who were killed in the crash. This is a horrible tragedy that has been lost in the bloodlust of the typical American jingoists, ready to add suspect motives to anything not in their realm of reality or understanding.

Wow Tim...

Last edited:

Christian @ 2CT Media

You do realize that Iranian Missiles shot this plane down right? This isn't America, this is Iran and their insatiable appetite for revenge, no matter if it is a error or not... They activated the missile system.

player

Almost the whole flight were coming back to Canada for the start of the winter University semester. Students, profs, etc. Canadian universities are popular with Iranians, especially for engineering graduate studies.

player

You do realize that Iranian Missiles shot this plane down right? This isn't America, this is Iran and their insatiable appetite for revenge, no matter if it is a error or not... They activated the missile system.
I wonder what the US would say if some country used a drone over Washington to blow up some high ranking officials.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Well that clears that up. I had no idea Iranians liked Canada's education system so much...would of never guessed. God be with those souls.

And I learned a new word today... jingoists

TimToad

Nothing of the sort has been confirmed.

TimToad

I wonder what the US would say if some country used a drone over Washington to blow up some high ranking officials.

Well, they didn't say much after the USS Vincennes blew an Iranian passenger jet out of the sky killing 290 people including Americans.

Gino

Premium Subscriber

Don't be a moron.......... Pearl Harbor, Twin Towers and the first World Trade Center. It's happened but was pulled off by cowards and misguided people. Drones do not hafta be the tool, but it's been done.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Book learnin? Why would I look up a word I never heard before? Only a pinhead would use the word Jingoism... let alone read a wikipedia page about it.

Or someone who only googles and relies on wikipedia for just about all of their news. Copy - paste..... copy - paste..... copy - paste..... copy - paste..... ...........

maxresdefault.jpg

Taryn

Why does a tragedy like this have to have some political alignment immediately assigned to it?? It doesn't matter who you think blew people out of the sky and for what reason, their deaths should not be used to support your ideas. I personally doubt it was political to begin with, but that's my penny on the matter.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Taryn..... you're new here and I guess just don't understand the need to discuss all sorts of things happening around the globe connected to the sign industry. You are correct. It is a tragedy and sad loss of life regardless of who was blown outta the sky, out of a caravan or out of buildings, but it's happened. Therefore, some people wanna beat their chests and make claim to it, while others wanna try to thwart it from ever happening again. However, when some people just say whatever pops into their heads with no real thought into the matter, that's when the mindless political game starts and these people all become statistics and no one's brother, Mother or friends. I did notice while you didn't seem too happy with the way the thread was going, you too, seemed to put your political spin on things. Is it just a human characteristic to do such things ?? The one thing I've learned along my trail of life is never to insert my thoughts or beliefs into these kinda conversations. It's much safer and more accurate to report on the things you know to be fact. Otherwise, the empty and useless baggage someone brings to a story, just clouds everyone's mind's eye.

Last edited:

Taryn

Thank you for the response Gino. I do understand that it is connected to the sign industry, otherwise it would probably not be on here. Your explanation does also help me understand why exactly the conversation seems so frustrating to me -- more specifically, the mindless political games going on. I think that for now I'll just keep reading until I learn something more substantial to contribute to the conversation (probably gonna be quite a while in my quiet towns online and irl :) ).

TimToad

So the lifelong, compulsive liar who has been DOCUMENTED and FACT CHECKED to have lied to us all over 15,000 times in the last three years is to be fully believed as the gospel truth, but waiting until a clear determination of what caused the crash is some liberal, leftist, pro-iranian plot?

I guess Drumpf means we should trust some unnamed source from one of the intelligence agencies that he has dumped on for the last three years and that have continuously lied to the public for decades when they want a certain outcome?

If and when multiple reputable sources reveal what caused the crash, I'll be the first to place blame wherever it deserves to be aimed.