Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help Discussion Anyone else having problems with HP PVC Free Prepasted Wallpaper?

Discussion in 'Materials' started by prosigner, May 14, 2020.

1. prosigner

prosigner Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Vancouver
    We're having significant problems with HP prepasted lining up the design/image with it lately. We print and cut 25" panels and when lining up over the last 3 months and with design with lots of diagonal lines they aren't lining up great.

Upon review, it looks like the length changes quite significantly from side to side. Lowered the heat as much as possible and increased the passes. Still too much and getting complaints. Anyone else dealing with this?

Has anyone tried any different prepasted wallcoverings? I'm thinking of trying out the Neenah enviroscape.

Tags:
  2. Steenland

Steenland New Member

Dec 30, 2008
    Richmond, VA
    What printer? Does it happen with any other media, or just the wallpaper?

We're having this problem with a 60" Designjet Z6100. Cleaning the OMAS and performing Media Advance calibrations no longer help. The machine is over nine years old, so I'm thinking that the pinch feed roller may be polished or damaged and is no longer gripping the media properly.

3. prosigner

prosigner Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Vancouver
    Brand new HP 570. It happens a bit to vinyl but mostly the HP PVC free. We've tried everything. I think the quality of the product has dropped off. I know it's made in china.

4. P Wagner

P Wagner Very Active Member

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    PM sent to the OP

5. prosigner

prosigner Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Vancouver
    UPDATE:
    I'm trying out Neenah Enviroscape and Magic Sleek prepasted products to compare against the HP PVC free prepasted.

6. CanuckSigns

CanuckSigns Very Active Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Ontario
    I thought the latex printers have always had issues with printed lengths being very inconsistent. Isn't there some tension bar or something the HP came up with to help with this?

• Like Like x 1