• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone else using SignCut?

FatCat

Just wanted to see who else out there is using SignCut. I know many are using more expensive packages like Flexi etc., but I purchased SignCut because I wanted to design in Illustrator from a Mac. (And not break the bank doing it.)

Overall, I've been very pleased with the software. While it doesn't have every "bell and whistle" like Flexi, it drives my Roland CX-300 with ease. Just wanted to give this software a thumbs up for other Mac users and those looking for a good driver at a reasonable price. :thumb:

http://www.sc-x2.com/

dclet

It's not bad from what I've seen. It has some unique features. I do not like the subscription bs....complete turn-off.

Did you buy the dongled version? That's the only version I would consider but then they want another 40 some odd dollars to ship it....I am not aware of any dealers stateside...

John Butto

signcut

Have been using it for about 2 years and they gave a 3 year subscription for the same price as 1 year, it works great for me using Summa D70 with Illustrator CS2 and OSX 10.4.8. Cuts small copy as well as large panels and copy. Use the keyspan converter so as to plug into my laptop USB port. Use it to cut decals, (fabricated in Illustrator and printed using Flexi Photo Print RIP) off of my solvent printer and then brought over to the Summa and everything lines up perfect. Years ago used SignPost with OS 9 and ran Camn 1 and Studio 88 but that software never made it to the OSX.

FatCat

dclet, no I didn't buy the dongle version - though I might. I purchased a 1-year license for $49. Figured I'd make sure I like it before I buy it outright. Like I said, very pleased and seems to work with most common plotters.