• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone Ever apply for Disability?

Arlo Kalon 2.0

I am concurrently applying for unemployment and SS Disability. My surgeon is providing me a letter for unemployment people which exempts me from job search requirements because I have an actively draining fistula. The fistula automatically qualifies me for disability as well. I just sent a 20 page form to SSI, the second such so far. Their requirements are that you be off work for at least a year first, but I've been told to apply anyway as the medical evaluation could overrule that. I remember years ago my younger brother (who was absolutely disabled) took a five year battle that required attorneys to finally get him into the program. The gov sent him $96,000 at once in back payments. I can't afford to wait five years. Anybody got any examples of themselves or people they know who got on disability "easily?

Marlene

see if there is any legal aid or an advocacy group that can help you with the details as it sounds like you have to fight to get anything done with those guys. there also might be a chat forum of people going thru the same thing that might be helpful.

Bigdawg

Just Me
I have a lot of experience with this Arlo. I'm going to PM you my phone number so you can give me a call after work. I think I can give you some insight, but nothing I can post here.

My dad had a stroke could not talk or walk. Dealing with SSA a nightmare. Contacted my US representative and got it solved within a week.