• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

anyone ever have this happen?

mtrider

So i got an out ink message on my magenta yesterday, pulled the cartridge out to check it , as i new it couldn't be empty, we just put it in last week , and haven't printed that many square feet to empty it... Immediately knew something was wrong... the whole bottom of the cartridge was full of ink, and part of the plastic was melted off?? pics show the cartridge next too a new one, and also inside the printer at the seat. what would cause this, and should i contact Mutoh about this... ink was produced march of 2012, well within the expiration right? we cleaned the area around the seat and needle, with cleaning solution and swabs... but some residue still remains... the cartridge was removed once when we moved the machine last week, and then reinserted...could this have caused it? what kind of damage will this result in if any? just curious , as we really take keeping the machine clean a priority.

And another thing we have noticed, since we change the maintenance station a few months back, during normal printing, there is alot of ink splatter inside of the machine, which we have never had in 3+ years with this machine... this is the 4th maintenance station we have had in this unit, and the wiper blade has been changed regularly... we are running a Mutoh VJ 1614... thanks in advance...

Attachments

• photo 1-7.jpg
    photo 1-7.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 153
  • photo 2-6.jpg
    photo 2-6.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 90
  • photo 3-4.jpg
    photo 3-4.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 161
  • photo 4-4.jpg
    photo 4-4.jpg