• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

anyone ever use wrap/printable vinyl for lightbox?

Tony Rome

My customer has a logo that has many colors and did not want to use 6 different rolls of cut vinyl.
It's for one of those shopping center lightbox signs where you have the acrylic slide in panels.
I was thinking of contour cutting some printable vinyl, would that work and allow light through as well or close to cut sign vinyl?

I was also wondering if I could just print as big as the insert is and just cover the whole thing, something tells me that wouldn't work as well but not sure.
Anybody do this before?

Use the search function. There are quite a few threads on it. Some people print twice on white trans. Some print once on white trans and once on clear and apply both.

bulbus_maximus

How do you make sure you get the alignment right when printing on two surfaces? If there is major details in the graphic - for eg: a photograph then I find that it becomes blurred... also some times the two different medias on which printed stretch differently