• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone Ever Wrap An ATM?

idsignsil

I have a bank that wants us to wrap all of their ATM's. They are a textured plastic material with a rough surface. Any idea of what type of vinyl to use? I think I would need something like Mactac's rough rap, or would an air release vinyl and a heat gun be just as good? Any ideas and or anyone with experience/knowledge would be greatly appreciated.

yeah, mactac is an option i would look at. you need a material for rough surfaces and a standard material won't stick properly. we do stuff for the military and often we have to apply large graphics to those big rough hard plastic boxes/cases and we have used mactac without any problems.

idsignsil

they are just big boxes, except for where the buttons and screen is. It dips in, so there is one concave area.

Letterbox Mike

they are just big boxes, except for where the buttons and screen is. It dips in, so there is one concave area.

I meant Convex vinyl, meant for low-energy plastics like ATMs are often made of. We've wrapped a few and all of them needed a high-bond vinyl like Convex, regular vinyl was lifting after a short time.

convex will work also, that stuff is made for low energy plastics like atms etc. we have used convex on motorcycle plastics but opted for the mactac on the other stuff we needed to use low energy material for. convex can get expensive, but will certainly do the job.

MikePro

never completely wrapped them, but did a buncha ATM faces for a credit union here in wisco. just the square front panels. 3M 180c-10 at the time but i use the cv3 nowadays because that waffle pattern is annoying when you notice it.

no issues here, 2 years later, edges haven't curled or anything.

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
Yeah, wrapped about a dozen or so. Kinda surprized they're made of "plastic". All the ones I did had a lightly textured painted metal. Easy jobs...just make your template tight and careful using the primer if you don't have to.

idsignsil

The main face area and top is plastic, the bottom, sides and back are all a smooth metal. Thanks for the tip on the primer.

idsignsil

Thanks for all the info. We took the job and are just waiting for final approval of the art from the bank owner before we start.