• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone familiar with Omega software PLEASE...

fastcut

I need help saving a file so that it will open in Corel 13! This is the first time I am subbing out a job and apparently I can't pull it off with this equipment! LOL. K, all joking aside. Serious business needs to get done in the next hour or two.

I designed a logo for tshirts using Omega 2.5. I saved it as an eps and an ai file. When I open it in Illustrator CS all layers are solid black??? Can anyone point me in the right direction? I am not familiar with Corel but that is what the screen printer uses. I only use Illustrator to open ready made files and convert them to a lower version so I can export them to Omega.

I will keep researching on the forum for info but if anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it!

*MUAH*, PLEASE & THANK YOU

Candi

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
You need to select the objects in Illustrator and compound them (Control +8). This causes inner loops to be treated as holes.

You can do this in Illustrator or you can modify your setup in Omega by assigning your colors as foils instead of vinyls and then making all the vinyl the same white. Be sure to combine shapes there as well. When done, reexport as EPS.

Chad.

I need help saving a file so that it will open in Corel 13! This is the first time I am subbing out a job and apparently I can't pull it off with this equipment! LOL. K, all joking aside. Serious business needs to get done in the next hour or two.

I designed a logo for tshirts using Omega 2.5. I saved it as an eps and an ai file. When I open it in Illustrator CS all layers are solid black??? Can anyone point me in the right direction? I am not familiar with Corel but that is what the screen printer uses. I only use Illustrator to open ready made files and convert them to a lower version so I can export them to Omega.

I will keep researching on the forum for info but if anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it!

*MUAH*, PLEASE & THANK YOU

Candi

Omega SUCKS when it comes to exporting files! Unless there is something i have missed the past 3 years, i have dealt with the same issue as you have. It never exports the corect colors, and it changes the order in which the layers are place ...

I'm anticipating any solution to this as well ...

fastcut

Thanks Fred, I did the ctr8 and emailed it to her and am just waiting to see if that works. Why does it make it clear (for a lack of the correct terminology)? It is a 3 color logo. Will she be able to pull apart the pieces?

fastcut

OH I just redid it grabbing each "hidden" piece and doing the ctr 8. LOL works much better that way! I am still having trouble with 1 piece. It's a skull, and his teeth are solid black instead of just outlined. I can't get the ctr 8 to work on these. Any suggestions? As far as the foil thing in Omega...not sure how to do it.

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
Omega SUCKS when it comes to exporting files! Unless there is something i have missed the past 3 years, i have dealt with the same issue as you have. It never exports the corect colors, and it changes the order in which the layers are place ...

I'm anticipating any solution to this as well ...

when you open the export or save as window, there is an options button...click on that and you should be able to solve most of your saving/exporting issues....

fastcut

when you open the export or save as window, there is an options button...click on that and you should be able to solve most of your saving/exporting issues....

That didn't help me at all??? Maybe if I know what she needed as a screen printer, but all she told me was she needed my vectored file in eps or ai.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
OH I just redid it grabbing each "hidden" piece and doing the ctr 8. LOL works much better that way! I am still having trouble with 1 piece. It's a skull, and his teeth are solid black instead of just outlined. I can't get the ctr 8 to work on these. Any suggestions? As far as the foil thing in Omega...not sure how to do it.

What you may need to do with the one is to make just the outer object black and the rest of it white and then compound the white. Make sure the white is on a layer that is higher than the black.